MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I finally got around to test riding the TV and what a machine it is!
However I have one slight problem and that is when using the foot controls my knees foul the trim for the air vent outlets just underneath the fuel tank. The dealer has not had anyone else with this issue and he has taller customers than me!
Has anyone else had this problem? I think it could be fixed by removing this trim but it looks like the grill is incorported into it so would require
the fabrication of a modified one to finish things off nicely.
Alternatively I could ride bare foot and that would eliminate the problem!
:)
Booney

·
Registered
189 Posts
My son is 6 foot tall but has very long legs, think he is a 33.5 inside leg, he has the same problem on my TV.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's comforting to know, for a minute there I thought I was a freak of nature!
Thing is I need to find someone that has had this problem and solved it. The only real solution I can see is taking this lower trim out. But I think it is connected to the grill and removing it will leave a gaping hole -
not very pretty!
B

·
Registered
431 Posts
Rearset pegs, perhaps?

I was also thinking that but I'm not sure anyone makes them, an alternative would be an adapter to drop the pegs a half inch or so, I'm 6ft with a 33inch leg and my knees fit fine under the trim and it I only notice it if I lift my knees up by raising them with the balls of my feet.
Have you considered taking the stilettos or platform soled boots off?? ?

·
Super Moderator
22,848 Posts
I am also 6'2" and the TV fits just fine.

It is your inseam that makes the difference. I come in at 34" inseam.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the late reply guys but the thread subscription didn't work for some reason.

Just because there's another one, doesn't mean you're not a freak of nature. ;-)
What? There's another one?!!

Rearset pegs, perhaps?
Don't really want to compromise the comfort.

I was also thinking that but I'm not sure anyone makes them, an alternative would be an adapter to drop the pegs a half inch or so, I'm 6ft with a 33inch leg and my knees fit fine under the trim and it I only notice it if I lift my knees up by raising them with the balls of my feet.
Have you considered taking the stilettos or platform soled boots off?? ��
Don't want to compromise ground clearance either. And how did you know
about my taste in footwear?!

Remove the rubber cleats from the pegs, I'm 6ft 2
Possibly, how much difference does that equate to in height?

I am also 6'2" and the TV fits just fine.

It is your inseam that makes the difference. I come in at 34" inseam.
I'm about the same so it must be the way I use the foot controls. Hell I know - I won't use them!

Booney
:silly:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts