MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding around and out if nowhere the bike looses all rev and power. Then comes back on or stalls. Happens anytime. The yellow indicator light comes on but then goes off. Now the bike won't even turn on.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Throwing this in to maybe have a look at:

Dirty/Faulty kickstand switch?
When bike is turned on, whether the engine is running or not and you have the kickstand down it shows the yellow indicator light on the dash.
*When you're in first gear and kickstand is down the yellow indicator is still on and when you release the clutch is automaticly shuts off the engine.

Maybe dirt or factory (the watery) chain lube has accumilated itself into the kickstand connector

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I was waiting to be picked up, I put in a new starter fuse and it started. This was the second time I replaced that fuse so I think it may be the relay. Any ideas or input?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
While I was waiting to be picked up, I put in a new starter fuse and it started. This was the second time I replaced that fuse so I think it may be the relay. Any ideas or input?
Yes, what Blackgoldsaw mentioned above or your clutch switch.

·
Administrator
18,828 Posts
If the fuse is blowing you need to check the connections and wiring on the relay for damage or poor connection....

·
Administrator
18,828 Posts
What exactly would that look like?
It is the connector that has the main fuse (and spare) on it. Unplug it, look at the wiring going in and the condition of the connections. Check your battery ground cable for clean and tight connections at BOTH ends.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Just out of curiosity do you ever wash or ride the bike in the rain?

Is there dramatic differences in the temps at night versus when your riding it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All the wires seem to be okay. I haven't washed my bike in a while and I try not to ride in the rain. A few rain drops here and there but no down pour. I typically only ride during the day so there isn't much difference.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If the fuse is blowing you need to check the connections and wiring on the relay for damage or poor connection....
also check the wiring loom down the right hand side of the bike, I recently had a similar problem which turned out the wiring loom was rubbing and wore on the frame, this in turn caused a couple of wires to earth on the frame and caused all kinds of trouble, from loss of all electrics, and then coming back on when ignition off etc, check no wires have been rubbing and have earthed on frame of bike.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: ended up taking it to a dealer. We'll see how long this take and what it is. Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update: got it back from the dealer. Said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Took it out for about an hour today and had no problem. Thanks for all the advice!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Update: got it back from the dealer. Said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Took it out for about an hour today and had no problem. Thanks for all the advice!
Gotta love MV quality...Thankfully have not had the old Gas position sensor issue the last 2 times riding the bike. sure something will break as i start riding the bike more often.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Thanks for reporting back, not alot of folk do that.

Hope the issue is resolved though, like it was water in a connector or something

1 - 18 of 18 Posts