MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last time when i had these together, i bought the 910. This time around the favor goes to S4RS, maybe other people's Hos are always better :yo: no, but all kidding aside, the duc is a much more comfortable ride, full of funny interesting noises and clatters, much easier to ride faster and it actually look very sexy with its suppose to be ugly bits of mechanical parts. The girl even enjoy it much more than the 910, because of the duc comfy seat option. The duc is less nimble and less fun mainly because of its low bars, but at speeds above 90mph im actually less affected by wind blasting than the 910. Im really confused, i actually like to have both or want this more than the F4 1k, but luckily i can sometimes ride this one, so i dont have to have 2 naked bikes, or i can sell the prettiest bike in the world to get it with no money loss??!!!! I dont think so ,........... U see, im confused. :confused:

·
Registered
443 Posts
johnsk6 said:
last time when i had these together, i bought the 910. This time around the favor goes to S4RS,
Frankly when I test rode the S4RS and Brutale I made the mistake of riding my SV650 to the dealer. After getting off the S4 I told the dealer I'd rather ride the Suzuki; start the paperwork on the Brutale.

This IS a MV forum :shocker:

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
dearpixel said:
Don't you just wonder about the radiator on S4R? Looks like it came off the back of my fridge.
........ and the overflow bottle would embarrass a fridge!!!!! :)

All kidding aside - it was a fun bike and a nice ride; at the time I also rode a Tuono which was MUCH more tempting ........ but the Brutale was the "must have" machine.

Tom

·
Registered
150 Posts
Go for he Brute :stickpoke

I had the same thoughts - have had 2 monsters before, and ridden the s4rs. The Brute is just a sharper ride, not to mention the looks :blah:

Go for the MV :later:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Monsters are great too-- and the engine in the S4 is amazing. From the first time I rode a 916 I wished I could have that engine in a Monster. Now they make it, but instead of a Monster (which I have had) I now have a Brutale.

It's all good...the way I see it, we're just damn lucky to have choices. In, say, 1995, what choice had ye but the Monster? The Speed Triple was nascent, not in its current platform; the SV did not exist; the Hawk GT was discontinued; Aprilia wasn't even on American radar and the Tuono certainly didn't exist; and MV Agusta had yet to be launched. There were no Husky supermotos, KTM Superdukes, 950 Supermotos, or 690 Supermotos; there was no Hypermotard on the horizon; the kawi Z-ReX had yet to be reborn, nor the Z-1; the 599 and 919 Hornet, and FZ series, and SV series had yet to be created. Not only do we now have options galore for the pure/naked street experience, we have options at every price point, every displacement, every engine configuration, and every weight class.

Sweet. That S4R is sweet, too. And the Brutale is ripping.

P.S. The radiator and plumbing on the 916 engine really are appliance-like. I prefer the two-valve S2R models. But they have abslutely nothing on MV in terms of power or scalpel-like handling. Um...that's why I ride an MV now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow, seeing the bikes side by side really makes you appreciate how beautiful the MV is. The Ducati looks like something out of the parts bin! I think you would really miss your MV if you sold it for a Duc. The MV is more exclusive, funner, and oh so much sexier than the plain jane Ducati.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I actually think the Brutale is easier to ride....the Duc felt like it needed a bit more effort in every area to get it where you wanted it to....well, cept the TQ...it had GOBS of that.

The Brute, also felt exponentially more solid. But I didn't give the S4Rs a round, it was just the S4R...so maybe my perception is a bit skewed, but still, I was comparing it to my 750....not a 910 or 910R...

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, exactly.
i wished some of u could of appreciate the goodness of other sh!t too.
i like to give every ho a try before i get into a relationship.

TPadden said:
..............This IS a MV forum :shocker:

Tom

·
Registered
443 Posts
johnsk6 said:
well, exactly.
i wished some of u could of appreciate the goodness of other sh!t too.
i like to give every ho a try before i get into a relationship.
John,

I can appreciate other bikes goodness. In fact I stated I appreciated the Suzuki SV more than the Ducati :cry: !

The fact that I currently own a BMW K1200LT, a BMW R1150RS, a Honda Valkyrie, a Honda ST1300A, a Suzuki SV650, a Suzuki DL1000, a Kaw ZX-6R, a Yamaha FZ-1, a Moto Guzzi 850T, oh yeah.... and a MV means I'm also quite capable of maintaining more than one relationship at a time. :)

Tom

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
damn! u are a pimp!! :yo: :highclap:

TPadden said:
As far as relationships go the fact that I currently own a BMW K1200LT, a BMW R1150RS, a Honda Valkyrie, a Honda ST1300A, a Suzuki SV650, a Suzuki DL1000, a Kaw ZX-6R, a Yamaha FZ-1, a Moto Guzzi 850T, oh yeah and a MV means I'm quite capable of maintaining more than one relationship at a time.

That said; I've never used the word "ho" in polite conversation and hope I never do again. I have seen it used once or twice in the Kawasaki Ninja forum though! :cry:

Tom

·
Registered
443 Posts
johnsk6 said:
damn! u are a pimp!! :yo: :highclap:
John,

Yep - and I removed part of my reply - I apologize to all (particularly any fellow Ninja owners). Sometimes my fingers type faster than my neurons fire! :jsm:

Tom

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its ok, i dont think i ever have the oppurtunity to ride an SV, and i really like that s4rs, but luckily i got the 910 first. But if they put that 1098 motor in that monster, im gonna be a traitor so u all can hate me.

TPadden said:
John,

Yep - and I removed part of my reply - I apologize to all (particularly any fellow Ninja owners). Sometimes my fingers type faster than my neurons fire! :jsm:

Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts