MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Hope some one can help Im in the UK and riding a 2006 f4s Iv only just got then bike and have cover just over 600 miles on it. I must admit i do find the bike a little cramped So hopfully a i can make some adjustments to the pegs and bars to make the bike more comfotable to ride.
Iv got rearsets on the way so my feet are sorted now its just the bars which already look pritty tight under the fairing. Can someone recomend replacement clipons or can i justreplace the bars using the standed clamps. I think i only need a small amount of adjustment to relieve my neck.
Regards Andy:f4:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Buy a Brutie.......way more comfortable, and cooler with the ladies.:)

·
Registered
5,045 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
I found the bars on mine ('05 F4s) to steeply angled & too low at first. Not being able to find a half-way sensibly priced alternative, and as there is very little movement anyway before striking the fairing, I tried a "cheapskate" option someone here suggested .......

I literally put the left clip-on on the right-hand side, and the right clip-on on the left-hand side. You need to remove the hinge-pin on the fork-clamp section and invert it so it locates in the top yoke correctly (although not strictly essential) and then either re-drill the bars to accept the positioning lugs from the switchgear, or carefully remove the little brass lugs from the switchgear blocks using a pair of pointy-nosed pliers (what I did). It makes no difference at the yokes, but lifts the outer ends of the bars by the weights (where I tend to hold anyway) by about 25mm which I found makes the world of difference. As a person used to renthal bars, I found it also set the bars at a much more natural (flatter) angle for me too ........

If you want to lift the bars any more than that, you will need to consider changing brake & clutch master cylinders to ones with remote reservoirs, as my standard ones only just clear the fairing now.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Dont know if Vario Bars are available for the Mv.
Had some on my 998 and there was plenty of adjustment .
I find the riding position is spot on, do end up with a few aches here and there
after a long ride. But I can honestly say, riding an MV is well worth the pain

·
Registered
837 Posts
Dont know if Vario Bars are available for the Mv......
No, they don't make a clamp section big enough to go around the MV's forks ....... they were my first thoughts. the best alternative are the ones Design Corse sell that have an "olive" that slides over the fork leg and the clamp has a spherical interior that fits & clamps over it.

http://www.designcorse.com/shop/mv-agusta-parts/mv-agusta-f4-parts/mv-agusta-f4-750-1000-312-1078rr/f4-handlebar-risers-clip-ons/adjustable-handle-bars-detail

1 - 8 of 8 Posts