MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?action=search

Man..goto that board and do a search on "Brutale" Jesus H Christ is there some hate on the Brutale....

mitt said:
other than they are uglier than sin, and I think a 750 inline, with no exhaust note, and even worse parts supply than a duc, they would be a great (2nd) bike Grin Grin Grin

mitt
WTF??? That guy has to be on crack....

dorkcore said:
Does Valvios Radial mean "Way too much money to fix" in Italian?
"Pot...meet my good friend, Kettle!" Are you serious? Upkeep on a Monster is easily TWICE that of a Brutale....not to mention factory Ducati parts being a PITA to get, and just as if not more expensive...

There were a couple more, but I thought those were a bit funny...Why so much hate? Nobody on here badmouths a Monster....yet, it's a normal topic on there. Everything on our bike is superior, even with the S4Rs and it's Ohlins, our frame doesn't flex like a 14 year old girl gymnast. And even though it's not Ohlins, our Marzocchi's are light years stiffer than any Ohlins. And that's thier complaint, is our bikes are too stiff...wtf????

The no exhaust note got me...one of the most requests I get from fellow cyclists is, "can I hear the MV note?" Granted, the Duc with Termi's note is revelled as argueably the sexiest sound...the noise emitted from the brutale is now considered the sexiest. Many reviews even stated they rode without earplugs only on the Brutale so they could revel in the joyous intake and exhaust notes...

Somebody said they'de hands down pick an S2R over a Brutale...what the hell are you on???? :laughing:

Just thought it was something I'de point out. Not really to start shit between the boards, but damn, that board almost hurt my feelings :laughing: Yes, there are a couple people defending the MV, but damn, there's a lot of hate towards our bikes on that board....by "fellow Italians" no less....

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Yeah, that's stupid.
But to be honest i see more MV owners dissing Ducati than Ducati owners dissing MV.
And there are more Ducatis than MV's.........

·
Registered
798 Posts
I am not sure I agree. I did the search and read though some of the threads. Considering it's a Monster board, they say a lot of positive things about the Brutale. I may be biased as I used to belong to that board. They are actually a good group of people over there.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used to belong to that board too. Like in it's infancy. I gave the Mototune USA break-in as a FAQ, as a buddy of mine actually knew the guy.

They took it down cause they said "it didn't coincide with the owner manual recommendations..." Well, then why the hell did you want members to submit thier break-ins or other FAQs if you're not gonna agree with what the manual says....shit, then just post the Manual.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
MV-999R said:
But to be honest i see more MV owners dissing Ducati than Ducati owners dissing MV.
Yep...I'd agree with that.....and I'm one of them !!! :flickoff:
I dont hate Ducati's{I use to won one} just a lot of the so called "Ducatisti "who have their head in the sand when it comes to accepting other brands.

I also like to stir the pot because their range of bikes these days are either butt-ugly or just plain old looking :)

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I was talking with a friend the other day about the differences in the two brands, and I was telling him how Ducati has their high-end bikes, down to their low-end. MV only makes high-end bikes.
I just find it funny how elitist many Ducatisti are, when their bikes aren't exclusive or even expensive (except to maintain :naughty: )

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Elitist Ducatisti"...it's funny, cause they even have that attitude when they own a 620 Dark :laughing:

I dunno, I just dislike the attitude in general, but damn....the hate on that board is crazy. Yes, there are MV owners who hate on Ducatisti....but almost rightfully so, as many MV owners were Ducati owners. That, and we don't really bash on all other bikes. We know we don't have the fastest most HP bike on the planet....but we DO KNOW we have the prettiest and best handling, with performance that's deifnitly up there...and that's what counts....

·
Registered
735 Posts
i still peruse the DML but I don't bash on them or talk MV as I would be raining on their parade. All ya need to know is that I just sold the S2R after upgrading to a Brutale and never seriously considered the S4Rs (unless there was no MV dlr in close proximity).

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
I have no problem with the Ducati bikes, I used to have the 916, but I do think that the build quality is clealy better on the MVs.

Monsters are very old looking these days, almost retro looking now... and even 10 years ago I wasn't that moved by it' design... totally different story with the 916/996/998, F4, Brutale for me, those are love at first sight.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I also have owned Monsters over the years, 900,S4, and S4R, some of the Ducati boards are very strange places, they are not in general as happy or courteous/polite or show manners to each other as the MV boards usually do, there seems to be lots of hate towards each other fellow Duke owners, :argue: :bash: so an MV owner on there has no chance!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
As with many of us here, I've owned both Dukes and MV's, everyone is perfectly entitled to their opinions as to which they prefer. It's to be expected that people on a Duke site will say their Dukes are better than other marques and there are always a few outspoken ones who go on to slag off alternatives. Good luck to them IMO. :blah:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
mikef4uk said:
I also have owned Monsters over the years, 900,S4, and S4R, some of the Ducati boards are very strange places, they are not in general as happy or courteous/polite or show manners to each other as the MV boards usually do, there seems to be lots of hate towards each other fellow Duke owners, :argue: :bash: so an MV owner on there has no chance!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like a place someone with my ignorant and single minded views would be really appreciated.... :laughing:
Do you think they'd enjoy a detailed, experteez critique of their Monsters ???
Modern and cutting edge it ain't...

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Velocemoto said:
Sounds like a place someone with my ignorant and single minded views would be really appreciated.... :laughing:
Sounds like fun...do it, do it :stickpoke :stickpoke :laughing:

·
Registered
473 Posts
In my opinion this "war" doesnt make sense.
I own an MV, I decided for the MV against the 999S but what I really want is to have the MV and the 999r
I think we must be gald to be possible to get both brands, They are different and both are very good.

Having the best 4 cylinder and the best twin is the best we can do. And both are Italian, so European!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
psst!!!... said:
In my opinion this "war" doesnt make sense.
I own an MV, I decided for the MV against the 999S but what I really want is to have the MV and the 999r
I think we must be gald to be possible to get both brands, They are different and both are very good.
Having the best 4 cylinder and the best twin is the best we can do. And both are Italian, so European!
MVF4 and 998R for me....that would be nice

·
Registered
735 Posts
Velocemoto said:
ya I think their "historic" line includes all the Monsters as well as the re-editions :laughing:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts