MV Agusta Forum banner

Would you buy a Mono-Posto or Bi-Posto F3 or F4

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently spoke with Giovanni Castiglioni about the reasons MV stopped making the brilliant looking Mono-Posto bikes. He told me that from a marketing
stand point it doesn't make sense because 90% of MV's customers want the Bi-Posto. I personally find that number very hard to believe.

I would like to get a poll started to see what the number would be according to this wonderful site. I believe most MV owners/enthusiasts around
the world read this site on a somewhat regular basis.

So, if you had 2 brand new F3's sitting if front of you, one with a Mono-Posto saddle and the other with a Bi-Posto saddle, which would you buy? Same thing
goes for the F4. Please vote twice.

If you vote, and please do... Please respond with what country you are from.

I will forward this poll to Giovanni after we get a good number of responses. Maybe he's right, mayber he's wrong. Please let your voice be heard!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
It makes the suspension bad ,a 2 seater (the range of the suspension to work is ......), i went to suspension guru , and my F4 works for me perfect .And me alone.
A complete different bike :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I voted, and am in the US. I have owned numerous Ducatis, an F4 750, now an F4 1000, and I am very interested in buying an F3 when they hit the US. I have never had a passenger on the back of a sport bike and have no intention or interest in doing so. The passenger's pillion on a sport bike such as these looks so out of place to me and detracts from the overall design. If given the choice, I would strongly prefer a monoposto option.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Voted.
I am from Singapore. Owned an F4750S and three Gsxrs1K.
All of them are being converted just for the rider usage, without rear cushion & pinion pegs.

Passenger is just uncomfortable on a sport bike. That's my opinion.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Voted.
I agree with everyone's sentiments. Sportbikes are not really made for passengers. Besides I prefer girls that ride their own bikes....I like an independent woman!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Mono is the only way to go....couple reasons....

1. I ride to be one with the bike, no one on back to worry about or tell me to slow down. I want to zen out in the twisties, clear the ole noggin, etc...you can do that with your lady on the back.

2. If you are on a group ride, and a buddy breaks down, you never have to worry about having to give him a ride... Two dudes one bike...NO thanks....we will leave that to the brutie boys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=721w4uS3jD0

and one other thing...if 90% of the f4 riders are indeed requesting a Biposto, I would suspect it is because the wife is somewhat involved in the decision process....."its for both of us honey, see you can ride on the back." All the while knowing that it will only happen once, but, mission accomplished.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I'm affraid the answer is not that easy...

I have a biposto but i prefer the monoposto look also.
When i bought the 312R (and the previous 1000 S) i choosed the biposto because, although i very, very, rarely ride with a passanger, i like the fact that i can carry one if i want or need to.
At the time the F4's were my only bisposto bikes (both 999R and 749R are monoposto) so i went the biposto route.
If it was today and since i now have a Brutale too i would go with a monoposto.
It all boils down to what you want/need at the time, so MV should have both versions instead of dropping the monoposto like they did.

With that said, i think that MV does a very good job with the biposto versions as they still keep the beautiful lines of the rear section almost intact :smoking:

·
Registered
601 Posts
My F4 and Brutale are both biposto but that is the only choices I had at the time (flat black and orange). If I could have ordered, I would have done so monoposto. I am in the US by the way, voting now

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
They can make MV bike like Ducati 848-1198 tail, give customer an option if they want take off the passanger peg and seat and sale rear cowl cover

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mono-posto is ok with me, too. I have another bike for 2-up.

Frankly, I don't know anyone with an ass so fine as to fit on that pillion anyway!

(Canada)

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
All my sport bikes in the last 13 years were single seaters. Starting from a Bimota Supermono, over a Ducati MH900e, followed by two F4S, plus my little 350B. If the F3 would be available as Monoposto I would choose the Mono over the Biposto. But I love the F3 and will buy it as Biposto as well. Hopefully even as a Oro. So what do I have to vote ?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Mono - USA

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
From the USA, I have owned 5 MV F4s total...still own two of them, all without exception are MONOS....you want to take a passenger get a touring bike or a Harley...

My other two bikes ZX7RR (N1) and Ducati 1098 Tricolore are also Monos (seat and pegs on the Tricolore are still in the original factory plastic bag).

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Please consider this. Most current MV owners and members on this forum are somewhat affluent and have multiple motorcycles so it is easy to have a mono Sportbike since you have the two-up riding covered with another bike.

MV's recent growth strategies, evident with the reduced prices and the smaller bikes coming out, is to widen their appeal to a broader and therefore less affluent customer base. These people, a lot of them out of the Japanese bike world, may not be able to have multiple bikes and therefore need to be able to accomodate multiple purposes with their sportbike.

Also two-up riding and/or strapping luggage on the back of the bike is much more common practice in Europe than it is here in the US and until the US buys significantly more than a few hundred MVs per year, the factory cannot afford to change things in order to accomodate this relatively small market.

I don't think having a mono and a 1+1 would be a smart decision for MV. I do agree that they should supply the rear seat cowling though.
Just food for thought!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Mono-Australia
Not affluent, only one bike.
Not interested in carrying any extra weight and going slow.
MV is the ultimate version of pure sports not a 2 up tourer.
Hey if they keep going in this direction they could maybe bring out a sidecar version?

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Riding two up on a sports bike is essentially the same as towing a caravan with a sports car. The addition of a pillion seat to an even more focused motorcycle such as the F4RR or limited edition bikes makes even less sence.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Didn't realized the multi-selection..so I missed the F4 vote...either way...as the big majority...both Mono.... :mouthwate

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
They should just make an optional cover to replace the rear seat. How hard is that!!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts