MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets just say that you could choose to buy three bikes. Any three bikes that have been available to the public over the last 100 years or so. Forget the budget as this is a dream list. Please add them to this thread and please include at least one MV Agusta. Feel free to add a fourth bike that would not normally be available for sale to you and I, for example a factory race bike or prototype.
I'll get the ball rolling with: 1. MV Agusta F4 1000 Veltro Pista
2. Honda NR750
3. Ducati Desmosedici
4. The 2004 M1 Yamaha 990 ridden by V. Rossi

Cheers.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Exotic, exotic modern, classic, unobtainable, in that order. You'd probably get different answers tomorrow.

1. Britten (I've seen one for sale, so get to include it here.)
2. F4 CC
3. Velocette KTT or Norton Manx
4. A Joey Dunlop, IOM-winning factory racer. The bike he rode in "Man to Man" for the filmed lap of the island would be a real bonus.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
1. Britten V-1000
2. Vincent Black Shadow
3. F4CC
4. Honda NSR 500 (forget the new four strokes, I still want a REAL gp bike) :f4:

·
Registered
485 Posts
D16rr
F4 CC
F4 Veltro Pista

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
lord said:
D16rr
F4 CC
F4 Veltro Pista
If money were no object, the above would be great. Selling any of thoes could land you pretty much everything on the market..

However if you could obtain the M1 from Rossi or any other GP bikes, i'd at least be replacing 2 of the above!

I find it hard to ask these types of questions. For me, "any bike" translates into squeeze out what the most expensive is, then you could always trade for something else you'd want if you get tired of it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The truly great stuff isn't for sale...

Glenn Curtiss's V-8. Eight cylinders and 136 mph back when Harley was trying to figure out how to make two cylinders run at the same time. It's in the Smithsonian.

Dick Dale's 1957 Moto Guzzi V-8 The factory has the *real* ones. Or what's left of 'em. A few stunning replicas were made. The last one of those sold for about 300. Replica or not, my personal favorite and one of the few things on two wheels I'd even consider in addition to what I've already got...

Cyclone board tracker. Very few made, only one left. Just something about riding a 130mph bike with no brakes, don't you think? Again, not available.

Rollie Free's 1947 Vincent Black Lightning. Bring your swimsuit. Private collection. Could happen.

And as for MV Agustas... I wouldn't get excited about anything less than one of the GP triples, preferably one ridden by Agostini himself. Peel off a few million, call in the earthmovers, expand Mr. Barber's track for him, get approval from MotoGP and he might just give you one from his personal collection. No object, right? ;)

As for bikes that may be more readily available, the sister to Mike Hailwood's IOM Ducati, one of the duplicates made by the NCR factory at the time was offered recently and may still be looking.

·
Registered
82 Posts
This is my choice:
Egli-Vincent
MV 750S America
MV F4 1000R
Velocette VenomThruxton

·
Registered
579 Posts
1) Veltro
2) Norton's revised rotary street bike
3) Vdue (with spare part of course, Two stroke will always be #1 with me)
4) Benelli's new tornado (but i want it in the factory green with yellow fans)

·
Registered
284 Posts
1. MV Agusta F4 R 312
2. Vee Two Super Squalo (saw it in the new Motorcyclist:mouthwate)
3. Bimota Tesi 3D

·
Registered
307 Posts
for me:

(1) F4CC
(2) TAMBURINI
(3) VELTRO PISTA
(4) VELTRO STRADA
(5) MV Kay Ferrari 900 DOHC (for sale now for Eu 260,000.00 + tax)
(6) MTT Y2K
(7) D16RR
(8) HONDA EVO-6 (if they build it)
(9) NORTON NRV-588 ROTARY
(10) MUNCH MAMMUT 2000

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for your input. I see that the Britten was mentioned a couple of times on this thread. As I was down in Wellington (New Zealands capital) this weekend I dropped into the national museum and snapped a few shots of the V-1000 they have on display. I'll post them on this thread when I get home from work.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Bimota Tesi 3D (funnest bike i've ridden, even tho i didn't get to open it up)
F4 Tambo
THE Thunderbike

1 - 20 of 33 Posts