1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Dick wiggling contest.

·
Super Moderator
21,486 Posts
Didn't see anything spectacular or unusual.....

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I watched that video with bemusement. Each and everyone of those cars was likely owned by someone that likely owns multiple homes as well as multiple cars. Why would you want to drive a 600+ hp hyper-car when you can't drive it over 40 mph? Lewis Hamilton is probably coming to that conclusion as we speak.

Were I a Monegasque resident, I'd own the bad boy car at my second..... or third home.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I watched that video with bemusement. Each and everyone of those cars was likely owned by someone that likely owns multiple homes as well as multiple cars. Why would you want to drive a 600+ hp hyper-car when you can't drive it over 40 mph? Lewis Hamilton is probably coming to that conclusion as we speak.

Were I a Monegasque resident, I'd own the bad boy car at my second..... or third home.
Randy, Monaco is roughly the size of Central Park in New York......but the hills of Southern France, plus of course our beloved Italia are only a few minutes away :mouthwate

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Randy, Monaco is roughly the size of Central Park in New York......but the hills of Southern France, plus of course our beloved Italia are only a few minutes away :mouthwate
Yeah, I know....I've visited Monte Carlo three times in years past. In hindsight, I can see owning something like this if you can use it 30-45 minutes out.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Nice cars, but goes to show no matter how expensive they are, they still get stuck in traffic and over taken by a 50cc yamaha ped.

Irony is they probably all own MV's too but can't work out how they are going to get them off the paddock stand and out the front door to use them ;)

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
We get em here too!!

Sadly we get these supercar owning 'Hooray Henry's' over here during TT practice week.

Some local 'Bell End' who is more than likely a member of some sort of exclusive international supercar club, has been stupid enough to arrange for these idiots to come to the Isle of Man with the added bonus that the mountain section is one way traffic and there is no speed limit, these cars are capable of 180 mph plus up there!!

Result is that they become embroiled with the bikers. for which the 'one way' system over the mountain had originally been set up to minimize the number of accidents.

I cringe when I see these cars on the roads over here, there is certainly no shortage of supercars belonging to local residents, the big problem is that 99% of the owners actually THINK they know how to dive them at 180 mph.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sadly we get these supercar owning 'Hooray Henry's' over here during TT practice week.

Some local 'Bell End' who is more than likely a member of some sort of exclusive international supercar club, has been stupid enough to arrange for these idiots to come to the Isle of Man with the added bonus that the mountain section is one way traffic and there is no speed limit, these cars are capable of 180 mph plus up there!!

Result is that they become embroiled with the bikers. for which the 'one way' system over the mountain had originally been set up to minimize the number of accidents.

I cringe when I see these cars on the roads over here, there is certainly no shortage of supercars belonging to local residents, the big problem is that 99% of the owners actually THINK they know how to dive them at 180 mph.
That could be a disaster waiting to happen Ade..........on the other hand....back in 1987 I was held up by 4 guys from Cycle magazine testing (racing) the latest from Japan on the Pacific Coast Highway. Took me quite a few minutes to overtake them and fuck off into the distance in my 308GTS. :) They caught up later when I stopped for coffee and we had a nice chat about bikes....I told them the best bike out of Japan was the H2 :yo:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I'm surprised how crackly crap the F-type sounded. it's a nice car, but they dropped the ball on the exhaust note.

Funny how the open them up to immediately brake and then have multiple SUVs and hatchbacks do the same behind them. I was waiting for one to fish it into the barrier since they can't seem to take turns without crossing the centreline.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm surprised how crackly crap the F-type sounded. it's a nice car, but they dropped the ball on the exhaust note.

Funny how the open them up to immediately brake and then have multiple SUVs and hatchbacks do the same behind them. I was waiting for one to fish it into the barrier since they can't seem to take turns without crossing the centreline.
Most drivers of supercars are very good drivers....some are simply posers....and some crash into barriers :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Ouch, that makes me tear up a little :(

I think a lot of people don't think about warmup time for the tires and brakes, then end up in the bushes.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Most drivers of supercars are very good drivers....some are simply posers....and some crash into barriers :)
From the limited evidence I've seen, I think I might dispute that. For the number of them in existence, a disproportionate number seem to get pranged.

I'll qualify that. My statement doesn't apply to "classic" supercars, but rather the current crop. This years hot potatoes. They seem to be purchased by people with a lot of money but no care, sense of value, or skill. You only have to watch the numerous YouTube clips of the Arab princes and Hooray Henry's lead footing it around London or Dubai, or the desert to see what I mean. :ahhh:

·
Super Moderator
21,486 Posts
Just sitting in that car and peering out over that dashoard would be enough for me.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Agreed, that GTO is a proper sounding car. I love that 'click' with each gear placement. How could Ferrari ever have drop manual transmissions :(

A few outside drive by shots and one from where it turned around and accelerated away would have been a good add.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How could Ferrari ever have drop manual transmissions :(
All you need to do is look at the insane American Legal System where you can make $10M for spilling coffee in your own lap at Macca's drivethru.

Read about the handling characteristics of the Porsche 911 Carrera 4 and why they were designed that way.....so the factory would not be sued.

US legal system is a joke...........you can keep it :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts