MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, All,

Just a couple of questions. I haven't written in awhile, so if this seems scattered and verbose, I apologize.

1. I was informed by my dealer ProItalia in Glendale, CA that they do NOT perform dyno tests. Can anyone around here recommend a shop that would?

On that note, I was also told they don't usually install PC Commanders, which is something I just bought thinking I could get the dealer to create a custom map (and from everything I've read, would make my bike run better). Well, I don't think the techs are familiar with this because I was told they install something else, I guess similar to a PC Commander (he mentioned an exhaust gas meter). Lately, my bike has been pulsing between 1200rpm to 1400rpm on cold starts for about five minutes. The tech I spoke to claimed this bit of hiccupping is normal. He assumed I hadn't been in for my 600 miles tune-up. (I have 2200 miles so far on the odometer.) This is in NO WAY a badmouth to ProItalia because I've had nothing but great service from them. Everyone's friendly and competent and I've had no beef with anyone or any service they've performed. I guess I was a little surprised that a high-end place wouldn't be familiar with all of the toys bikers want to install to make bikes perform better. The last word I got was "we'll make it work". Doesn't that sound eerily like they have no clue and my bike will be worse off than before?

2. I got lots o' presents from my wife for the bike. (Ain't she a dear?) One was a Tom Tom GPS, as I am perpetually lost and the other was a "Back Off Light" (a gizmo that rhythmically pulses the rear light when the brakes are applied). Well, I was told that the module (?) that everything is hard-wired to doesn't have enough slots (?) to accommodate my three bits, these two and the PC Commander from the above eulogy. Anyone know if a larger module can be fitted or the existing module modified?

3. I was also informed again of the impending trick 2nd exhaust (for the 910R) arriving from Italy. I was trying to have all the parts done at once, especially the mapping with the new exhaust. I'm not sure, but I assume I'd have to have a new map (or dyno test) with the new exhaust, as I don't think anything will arrive in time for my scheduled oil change. Any thoughts? :confused:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Metallo Brutale said:
Hey, All,

Just a couple of questions. I haven't written in awhile, so if this seems scattered and verbose, I apologize.

1. I was informed by my dealer ProItalia in Glendale, CA that they do NOT perform dyno tests. Can anyone around here recommend a shop that would?
I'm surprised they don't, but then...there are probably enough other tuners around that they wouldn't be able to get away with charging $500 for a dyno run, so it's just not worth it to them. Also, I suspect the EPA might frown on a major dealer adjusting bikes away from legislated emissions standards.

Lately, my bike has been pulsing between 1200rpm to 1400rpm on cold starts for about five minutes. The tech I spoke to claimed this bit of hiccupping is normal. He assumed I hadn't been in for my 600 miles tune-up. (I have 2200 miles so far on the odometer.) This is in NO WAY a badmouth to ProItalia because I've had nothing but great service from them. Everyone's friendly and competent and I've had no beef with anyone or any service they've performed. I guess I was a little surprised that a high-end place wouldn't be familiar with all of the toys bikers want to install to make bikes perform better. The last word I got was "we'll make it work". Doesn't that sound eerily like they have no clue and my bike will be worse off than before?
That sounds like something to do w/ the throttle bodies or a/f mixture. This should be covered under warranty and should be taken care of before you start messing w/ the PC, anyway.

2. ...Anyone know if a larger module can be fitted or the existing module modified?
I have no idea what you're talking about.

3. I was also informed again of the impending trick 2nd exhaust (for the 910R) arriving from Italy. I was trying to have all the parts done at once, especially the mapping with the new exhaust. I'm not sure, but I assume I'd have to have a new map (or dyno test) with the new exhaust, as I don't think anything will arrive in time for my scheduled oil change. Any thoughts? :confused:
Your exhaust may never arrive, and a PC map will certainly be better than the chip that comes w/ the exhaust you may never get...but at the price to map a PC I, personally, would wait.

Oh...the best dyno tuners in the L.A. "area" are:
http://www.landlmotorsports.com/

You could also try Moomba cyclesports in Temple City:
http://www.moombacyclesports.com/

If you go to Moomba tell Shawn that Hunter from LA Biker sent you. It probably won't save you any money, but at least he'll know I plugged his shop.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I was told, everything you hard wire to the bike goes to the module (?), whatever that might be. I liken it to a multi-outlet for plugging in lots of appliances to one spot or at least that's the way this appears to me. When the tech spoke of "slots", I assumed he meant ports or harness points. Hell, even I don't know.

I spoke to eMoto and they told me there should be no problem attaching everything I mentioned. Then again, they seem to be a more sport performance-oriented business. I do agree that a dealer probably wouldn't want to get busted for tweaking EPA regulated machines.

I'll try the dyno shops you mentioned. Thanks again. :blah:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts