MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Modified my track guards which has allowed the engine to stay cooler for longer..here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
776 Posts
Wow very sharpe and very clean work Spy looks like it came out of the factory like that, great job!!!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys, and to all the MV forum members for being so helpful...The input is greatly appreciated and i hope i can return any information that might help.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cut the fiber glass with a saw and strengthened the back of the R/H guard with Carbon Fiber...For the L/H side i made timber wedges and shaped them to suit. The cut out sections were positioned so the hoses, wiring, etc could not be seen.. but also being affective by not restricting the heat to escape from the radiator....i then reinforced the rear of the panel with Carbon Fiber as well.....

how did you do that?

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Nice work indeed.
+1. Spy that's friggin' awesome work, rarely do I approve of messing with the orginal panels on an MV but man you have really nailed it! :mouthwate

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Great job.....very professional finish...Let us know what sort of temp decrease you get form it?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, this is what i probably should of mentioned my bike has;
1. Big Bore kit.
2. P/C III Power commander
3. Race chipped.
4. RG3 Pipes
5. Nulon Green Long Life Concentrated Coolant
6. Water pump impeller upgrade.

It pushed 173HP on the Dyno (rear wheel).
My next purchase will be the microtec ecu chip from Chris.

The bike runs at a consistent temp of 93 degrees Celsius (199F) and will get to 101-102 degrees Celsius (215F) stuck in traffic, thats stand still for 4-5 minutes...

The difference with the modification to the guards is the heat escapes very quickly thus not allowing it to over heat...and once you accelerate the temp will drop 8-10 degrees immediately...

I hope this has answered some questions...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
you have but know I want to know more about your big bore kit......:stickpoke

1 - 12 of 12 Posts