MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since getting my new MV I have been on this site pretty much every day. Though I thoroughly appreciate all the information I am finding on this site I find it quite tedious (even when using the search) to locate things specific to the various bikes. I think it would serve us all really well to have each of the models had their own Maintenance, Performance, Customizing & Mods, and Suspension, Brakes & Tire Tech sub threads. Would also be nice if there were guides for things such as suspension setup, gearing, exhaust, mapping (downloadable power commander maps etc)....

just my 2 cents....:)

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
There's too many things that all of these bikes have in common, figure that out and you will be just fine.
It's hard enough now to move post's to the right section, and to have to keep answering the same questions on the same topic in the F3, B3 and Dragster section, maybe looking around a bit will teach guys a bit more about MV's in general and not just that one model.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Yeah, but one thing we need to think about are the issues that are already arising out of having five sub-forums for the 3-cylinder models (including upcoming Turismo Veloce). The recent problem with stalling seems to be affecting at least three of those five bikes (B3, Dragster, Rivale) and we have threads running in at least two of those five sub-forums about the topic. Thus, it not only requires owners of one of these bikes to have to surf multiple sub-forums for information, it can cause other owners to miss helpful information if they only surf in their bike's sub-forum. And it will make future searches for information more cumbersome.

I'm not sure having a 3-cylinder Technical Forum is necessarily the answer (or maybe it is), but I can see this 'Five Sub-Forum' thing getting out of hand, and not really serving us well.

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Yeah, but one thing we need to think about are the issues that are already arising out of having five sub-forums for the 3-cylinder models (including upcoming Turismo Veloce). The recent problem with stalling seems to be affecting at least three of those five bikes (B3, Dragster, Rivale) and we have threads running in at least two of those five sub-forums about the topic. Thus, it not only requires owners of one of these bikes to have to surf multiple sub-forums for information, it can cause other owners to miss helpful information if they only surf in their bike's sub-forum. And it will make future searches for information more cumbersome.

I'm not sure having a 3-cylinder Technical Forum is necessarily the answer (or maybe it is), but I can see this 'Five Sub-Forum' thing getting out of hand, and not really serving us well.
You're perfectly righ Kevin. I was already thinking of merging the Dragster section back into the B3 section. I didn't take into consideration the fact that very view owners knew enough about their bikes or the various models they have things in common with.
Even if guys posted in the performance or maintenance section, with the problem and model as a heading.
I think the Rivale and TV look so much different, that they might deserve a separate section.

Let us know what you think guys.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Typically I read all of the 3 cyl threads, coz there's a lot of overlap with my F3.

Merge them, and eventually make it generational like the F4 bunch (whenever Gen 2 bikes are released).

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I was already thinking of merging the Dragster section back into the B3 section.
I tend to agree. The Dragster is just a B3 with a different seat/tail/license plate holder, and a wider rear tire.

I think the Rivale and TV look so much different, that they might deserve a separate section.
I agree. And the Rivale and Turismo Veloce will be likely be used for different types of riding.

I didn't take into consideration the fact that very view owners knew enough about their bikes or the various models they have things in common with. Even if guys posted in the performance or maintenance section, with the problem and model as a heading.
Ok, so here's the rub. Some people post technical issues and questions in the "Model" sub-forum for their bike model, and some people post those threads in the 'Maintenance' sub-forum of the "Hands-On" section. It is very inconsistent.

My suggestions:

Rename "Hands-On" to "Technical". Rename the current 'Maintenance' sub-forum 'Maintenance and Technical Issues". I think some people believe "maintenance" means routine maintenance, and not the process of trying to resolve technical problems.

Then post a locked sticky in each of the "Model" Sections regarding "Please Read Before Posting Technical Issues in this Section", and instruct people to use the Maintenance and Technical Issues sub-forum of the newly named "Technical" Section. I think the only way to get all the technical issues regarding all of the three cylinder bikes into one place, is to try to direct those posts to a "Maintenance and Technical Issues" sub-forum. It may be desirable to have a " 4-cylinder Maintenance and Technical Issues" sub-forum and a "3-cylinder Maintenance and Technical Issues" sub-forum.

And I would move the entire "Technical" Section (all 4 sub-forums) above the "General" Section. Thus, the "Technical" Section would be just below the "Models" Section.

OK, and while were changing names, the "All Other Marques" sub-forum in "The Lounge" should be "Other Vehicles" or "Other Non 2-wheeled Vehicles", as the word Marque means "brand". Thus "All Other Marques" means "All Other Brands", which isn't really what were after here.

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Thanks Kevin, as usual you're input is greatly appreciated. I can sort some of those right away, and the others I'll run by admin and the other mods.
The forum is evolving and we need to keep up, yet try and keep the old homely feel.

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Post a locked sticky in each of the "Model" Sections regarding "Please Read Before Posting Technical Issues in this Section", and instruct people to use the Maintenance and Technical Issues sub-forum of the newly named "Technical" Section. I think the only way to get all the technical issues regarding all of the three cylinder bikes into one place, is to try to direct those posts to a "Maintenance and Technical Issues" sub-forum. It may be desirable to have a " 4-cylinder Maintenance and Technical Issues" sub-forum and a "3-cylinder Maintenance and Technical Issues" sub-forum.
How do you guys feel about this, Mods and Forum members please respond.
I understand we have recently added quite a few new sections, it's just that there is a massive difference between the 3 and 4 cylinder bikes. It's hard enough to do a search as it is, or to get some of the B3 guys to post anywhere but in that section.
As usual I'll be happy to sit and relocate existing threads to any new sub section if so required.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
...It's hard enough to do a search as it is...
This answers the question as far as I'm concerned. One of the benefits of collective knowledge is being able to search and retrieve that knowledge in the (database) forum.

Edit: I forgot you can click on 'Advanced Search', and hold down the Control Key to pick whichever forums you want to search.

Still, it would be nice to have all of the 3-cylinder technical issues in one place and not have to peruse all of the search results of the 4-cylinder bikes, when they are likely irrelevant.

·
Registered
710 Posts
This answers the question as far as I'm concerned. One of the benefits of collective knowledge is being able to search and retrieve that knowledge in the (database) forum.

Edit: I forgot you can click on 'Advanced Search', and hold down the Control Key to pick whichever forums you want to search.

Still, it would be nice to have all of the 3-cylinder technical issues in one place and not have to peruse all of the search results of the 4-cylinder bikes, when they are likely irrelevant.
Kevin :yo:

:stickpoke

P.s oups.....its not a place for fun.... sorry....erm... :p

·
Registered
639 Posts
Splitting the B3 and B4

I think a 4-cylinder Maintenance and Technical Issues sub-forum and a 3-cylinder Maintenance and Technical Issues sub-forum will help.
As most issues from the B3 and B4 are different it will prevent people from double posting the same problem and will make it easier to search the forum.

On the other hand, some people seem to be blind for the search-button ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts