MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://motocity.com.tw/servers/viewtopic.php?t=12352

on the streets. I love the stock wheels but these machesinis promise to be
real light. Im looking at mags and mag alloys. Even the shop owner warned about mags on the streets, so he recommends the mag alloys. But the idea of being 50% lighter combined weight really got me thinking. Anyone tried the all magnesiums on an MV? Insights??
Thanks!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Get the new Brembo superlights (like on the R's abd the 1098), they're light and strong.
The main problem with mags is the life cycle, usually 5 years, then you need new wheels.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree with fazer6 and the new brembos will most likely be less expensive than the mags. Black may also look better on the Silver/Red bike than gold, just my opinion.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Do they have to be magnesium?

I agree with the others, the aluminum's offered now are awesome!

If you prefer the Marchesini look over the Brembo(I do personally), the Marchesini forged aluminum... they're not far off in weight! And look awesome!

They aren't putting those Brembo Superlight wheels on all high-end(910R, 1000R, 1098s, and F4CC) bikes for nuthin'. They're f'n awesome!

·
Registered
571 Posts
MVITALIAN said:
Guys, those aren't Brembo Superlites on the 1098, they are Marchesini. Just to let you know.
The 1098 comes with Marchesini.

The 1098S comes with the Brembo Superlight.

I said 1098S didn't I? Oh yeah.... your excused :naughty: J/K MVITALIAN!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
BTW Brembo & Marchesini ARE ONE AND THE SAME!

Besides, even a Buell has Brembos :laughing:

·
Registered
456 Posts
I don't doubt your knowledge gentlemen......it's just that I have Sport Rider Mag in front of me and on pg. 64 and they show a close up of the rims on the 1098S and they don't look like the Brembo's on my R. Could be a mess up by the mag. So stop jumping on me! :laughing:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Pier, quit rubbing your Starfighter in my 910S face - we can't get that bike in the states but I want it real bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts