MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
312R track bike with 200/60/17 Pirelli Diablo SC2 slick on the rear and 120/70/17 Pirelli Diablo road tyre (tread)on the front. Cost is keeping me from getting a slick on the front at this point.
Am I going to be getting any adverse handling issues with this combo?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
413 Posts
Only that you will have less grip from the front tyre on the track and risk over heating it.

Given that this piece of rubber is all that is keeping the bike shiny side up, I would invest in a new tyre.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The front is still in good condition however you are suggesting that the superior traction from the rear is going to be pushing the front excessively?

·
Super Moderator
23,078 Posts
Yes. This is not a good idea all around. If the cost of the front is keeping you from buying one, just imagine the cost of repair when the front washes out on you.

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Registered
571 Posts
312R track bike with 200/60/17 Pirelli Diablo SC2 slick on the rear and 120/70/17 Pirelli Diablo road tyre (tread)on the front. Cost is keeping me from getting a slick on the front at this point.
Am I going to be getting any adverse handling issues with this combo?
Thanks in advance
If your running a supercorsa sc1 or 2 on the front I see no issuses the only difference to a slick is the tread. I regularly mix tyres dependant on conditions. For example at Thurxton last year I ran a Dunlop wet on the front and a pirelli slick rear during a race as it was wet in the corners and dry down the straights
Also raced with a pirelli slick rear and Metzler racetec treaded front

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Also raced with a pirelli slick rear and Metzler racetec treaded front"
Thanks for this info. I'll be heading out on the track first time since high siding last October. Been a few repairs physically and mechanically so I'll be a little subdued for the first few sessions.

·
Registered
571 Posts
"Also raced with a pirelli slick rear and Metzler racetec treaded front"
Thanks for this info. I'll be heading out on the track first time since high siding last October. Been a few repairs physically and mechanically so I'll be a little subdued for the first few sessions.
Know how you feel, I had a bad high side too, it took me a few trackdays to feel natural on a bike again.

Enjoy your track time!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts