MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,

Not sure whether my messages are getting to the right place so I'll post again here. Just picked up a 1078 Brutale in Brisbane and set off for Townsville. Reached Mackay before the rear hub shit the bed big time. Lucky it never spat me off before. Using those lives up.

Suspect over/under torqueing by Springwood Suzuki who fitted a new rear tyre. Also the sprocket nut was barely finger tight when I pulled it down. Lot of damage.

So trolling for parts I saw Micth's hub on this site. Can't find it anywhere on the net or how to contact him. Can anybody tell me where I can get one in Oz?

Cheers

Bullyboy

·
Registered
988 Posts
Hi and welcome :)

Man, what can I say........ I too had a hub let go on me a while from home.

Just hang on, and I'm sure Mitch will see this and PM you.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
adamv1000,

Thanks for that man. Tried the email address but it bounces.

Cheers

Bullyboy

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Welcome Deano - bloody shocking way of joining the family ...that sucks, but glad you're ok and getting it sorted.

Cheers

·
Vendor
5,372 Posts
Dean,I got your email and replied straight away,check your emails and I will PM you now as well

·
Vendor
5,372 Posts
Dean,hope you got in contact with Noel,he will do his best to look after you.Also welcome to the forum.In your email you said the bike has only 5,000kms on it.Thats a bit early for a rear bearing to fail unless chain,pinch bolt specification is not adhered to.You said the shop fitted a new rear tyre,so the shop had no need to touch the L/H side of the bike,its just remove mufflers and undoe L/H threaded nut on the R/H side of the bike and thats it,wheel just falls off.You also said the sprocket nut was loose,that is bad and may have something to do with your failure.I would be asking the bike shop a few questions if I were you,good luck and keep us posted.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Welcome mate

Sorry that you had to join the forum under these conditions, hope all goes better from here on out then.
Pretty sure if I was you I would make that shop pay for the parts you need, they had no business working on something they have no knowledge of. Pretty sure between Noel and CAG you will get sorted for parts.
Let us know how you get on with the hub and the shop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts