MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening,

Last mile of the ride home tonight and i noticed some exaggerated movement/vibration from my left hand side turn signal and fairing.

I got home to see that one piece of hardware is gone, I did some searching (thanks Donsy for the parts list and workshop manuals!) and i believe i found what i am looking for but hopefully a few of you would be able to shed some light if I am mistaken.

Thanks for the help in advance,
Cory

part # 8A0090901 Screw, Special M4X13.7

photos of missing piece

references from workshop and parts lists (thanks donsy)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey Cory, Sorry to hear but this is why we pay extra money for these Italian bikes. It's just the way they are. Heck, you could have bought a Japanese bike and never had any fun.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true story ^^

now the fun part of waiting 3-6 weeks for a screw and a nut! :-0

i'll be riding anyways, so let's hope the other ones dont fall out as well hah

·
Registered
14,563 Posts
?

Donsy
looks to me like the wellnut is still there.....

Cory;
where are you on the planet?......if you're Stateside I'll send you one......

PM me an address

:popcorn:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pm'd -

i had ordered parts on 21st of march from the local dealer and they forgot to mention that parts were not coming ...

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Probably prudent to make sure the rest of them are done up? I "lost a few" in the first few months of ownership, a couple of them never even made it out of the dealers workshop/showroom/MV factory :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no response from KNURL, anyone know where else i can source these little hardware pieces in USA?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Donsy, read Noe's post #6 he offered to send one but was waiting to hear back where too!

·
Registered
36 Posts
wt800, if you only need the screw check out large hardware or auto parts stores. They usually have a selection of metric bolts. Tell them you need a m4 Allen bolt about 13.7mm long, preferably stainless. 13.7mm length might be hard to find but a bit longer will work fine. Get a couple so both side match. A fastener/bolt store should definitely have the correct bolt.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks @Blitzen,

I will go out tomorrow morning and look around / make some calls.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Donsy, read Noe's post #6 he offered to send one but was waiting to hear back where too!
I'm not stupid :stickpoke

:stickpoke hahaha

thanks!! :naughty:

i pm'd Knurl maybe a week or two ago with address, maybe he is on holiday. Lucky!
Just like you didn't respond to my question ?
:)

·
Registered
14,563 Posts
?

wt800;

I asked you if you needed the 4mm wellnut too, I never got an answer.......

it looks like it's there in your picture

I'll give you the stuff if you pay postage......$5

I lose money on this....

the parts, including the Nylon washer

a bubble pack

and a trip to the Post Office and back

let me put it to you this way...... if I don't make $100/hour.... fuck it......I'll go play with

the girls......or go riding

get your shit together

my phone number, Skype and Email are in my signature.......

can't contact me ?????

:popcorn:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh...I'm very sorry if I ruffled anyone's feather, not my intention! I appreciate each of your's time and info. :)

@donsy
well nut was in tact - all good here m8

@knurl
I appreciate your willingness to jump in and help out, I do see your contact info and will reach out that way in the future for any questions. I understand everyone here leads a busy life and I did not want to pester you further than the message board.

@Blitzen
I found exactly what you were referencing at a local Fastenal - they aren't as sleek as OEM but are still stainless steel and should hold up just fine. 33 cents well spent!
Thanks again!

Thanks all, we can close this out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh...I'm very sorry if I ruffled anyone's feather, not my intention! I appreciate each of your's time and info. :)

@donsy
well nut was in tact - all good here m8

@knurl
I appreciate your willingness to jump in and help out, I do see your contact info and will reach out that way in the future for any questions. I understand everyone here leads a busy life and I did not want to pester you further than the message board.

@Blitzen
I found exactly what you were referencing at a local Fastenal - they aren't as sleek as OEM but are still stainless steel and should hold up just fine. 33 cents well spent!
Thanks again!

Thanks all, we can close this out.
What they didn't have titanium!

Glad to hear you can now ride and wait for the official part at your leisure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts