MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2104 F3 675.
If you have had a replacement gear position sensor and the awesome technician that installed the unit forgets to put the O ring back onto the unit this is what happens. It bloody spills oil back onto your lower cowl and onto your bloody tyre.:violin:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
2104 F3 675.
If you have had a replacement gear position sensor and the awesome technician that installed the unit forgets to put the O ring back onto the unit this is what happens. It bloody spills oil back onto your lower cowl and onto your bloody tyre.:violin:

:stickpoke :stickpoke

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here it is

Well that's what it looks like.

Cost me $6.00 cause I did not want to feck around with the dickhead dealership issues:thewife:

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Installed

This is her on the sensor. Should be sorted now. :drummer:

Attachments

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Well that's what it looks like.

Cost me $6.00 cause I did not want to feck around with the dickhead dealership issues:thewife:
Sadly with most of the mechanics cum technicians out there that's how it is.

$6.00 and very smart decision saul! Now you KNOW it's done right. Glad it worked out well for you.

I am spending a small fortune building a mechanical workshop under my house behind the garages, once finished none of bikes will ever see outside 'surgery' every again for any reason (including engine/gear box rebuilds if need be)! I am lucky to be somewhat handy myself and have a son who is a proper (;) ) motorcycle technician who can fill the blanks when I am stuck.

The stories he tells me from stuff he's seen makes the hairs stand on my neck - scary stuff. A small thing like yours could have turned out catastrophic in a different set of circumstances, I know you fixed it but you should let those dickheads know solely as a favour to the next guy if nothing else.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Sadly with most of the mechanics cum technicians out there that's how it is.

$6.00 and very smart decision saul! Now you KNOW it's done right. Glad it worked out well for you.

I am spending a small fortune building a mechanical workshop under my house behind the garages, once finished none of bikes will ever see outside 'surgery' every again for any reason (including engine/gear box rebuilds if need be)! I am lucky to be somewhat handy myself and have a son who is a proper (;) ) motorcycle technician who can fill the blanks when I am stuck.

The stories he tells me from stuff he's seen makes the hairs stand on my neck - scary stuff. A small thing like yours could have turned out catastrophic in a different set of circumstances, I know you fixed it but you should let those dickheads know solely as a favour to the next guy if nothing else.

Cheers :)
May I become your neighbour??

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Now Taking Applications

May I become your neighbour??
Hello Erik! It's been quite a while since we've spoke and this project will keep me buried until September/ October but I'll surface ocassionally ;)

Mate, it would a pleasure to have you as neighbour but be careful what you wish for, you know you'd become voluntary RR staff in MV Shrine/Workshop aka slave labour.......:laughing:

Cheers
Rob :)

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Hello Erik! It's been quite a while since we've spoke and this project will keep me buried until September/ October but I'll surface ocassionally ;)

Mate, it would a pleasure to have you as neighbour but be careful what you wish for, you know you'd become voluntary RR staff in MV Shrine/Workshop aka slave labour.......:laughing:

Cheers
No problem Rob!! ;)
Good luck with the project!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts

Cheers
robbbbbbbbie so good to see ur still lurking here.
howd the maserati situation go, is it fixed? Christian still alive lol?
hope all is well in yr world mate.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
robbbbbbbbie so good to see ur still lurking here.
howd the maserati situation go, is it fixed? Christian still alive lol?
hope all is well in yr world mate.
Robbie my man, great to 'see' you :) I stick my head in here every now and again - it's a good place ;)

Mate, Maserati is gone written off still hurts :( Christian owes a lifetime of work on my bikes to pay me back - hence why I am building the Fritzel workshop - I'm just chaining the dude down there for the next 10 years! :jsm:

Everything is great here (apart from the squalor we are living in) hope things are great in your world too - hoping Lou can make the Melbourne seminar mid October so I can pop down with her and catch up with you guys. :)

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
ahh bugger sorry to hear that the maserati went. I know u loved it.

the fritzel workshop. oh man thats just gold.... love it. too funny

hope to see u in october then

Robbie my man, great to 'see' you :) I stick my head in here every now and again - it's a good place ;)

Mate, Maserati is gone written off still hurts :( Christian owes a lifetime of work on my bikes to pay me back - hence why I am building the Fritzel workshop - I'm just chaining the dude down there for the next 10 years! :jsm:

Everything is great here (apart from the squalor we are living in) hope things are great in your world too - hoping Lou can make the Melbourne seminar mid October so I can pop down with her and catch up with you guys. :)

Cheers
Rob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts