MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a chip in the paint where the bottom of the headlight hits the fairing. I wish to touch it up. The owner's manual gives a PPG code called "Ago Red" but it's invalid. Does anyone know the code for the red, preferably PPG but anyone's will do and they'll cross it over.

I want to change one thing on the bike. All my bikes are GP shift pattern, and I'd like to convert this one to same. What I don't need is confusion when things are tight and go the wrong way. I note that Sato makes rearsets which will allow reversing the pattern. Adjustable etc. etc. I considered making up my own shifter linkage but then I'd have to cobble up the stock set up which I will not do. Not on this one. $$$$$. Anyone have any input?

Lee

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Odonata who is currently in europe can probably answer some questions about reverse GP shift pattern. He just did the install on his Senna with a reverse drum and such

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reverse drum is out of the question. Particularly when the end result can be accomplished with a proper shift linkage.

Lee

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Lee, I can't help you with a PPG code, however, Testors "RED" enamal model paint code #1103 is an EXACT match. I use the very same on the very same. I use the liquid, not the spray, you can't even see it. Available at any hobby store.

G'luck wid it!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
two eleven,

Hey thanks for the tip. Some of their paints are fuel proof which would make it even better yet.

Lee

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
....Or, we could just avoid getting fuel in the headlight region? :stickpoke

Can't wait to see it...

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hey Lee, I had a mate who had a Ducati 916 Linkage and he cut off the spigot and had it welded to the standard MV peg. Looked just like a factory job.
(The ducati has a linkage and the MV is direct.)

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MVA,

I considered modifying my shifter side as you mentioned but given the cost and hopeful value of the bike I don't want to megger around with the stock parts. If I should sell it I want to have the original parts to put back on. Which is why I'm leaning towards rearsets from Sato in a gold finish.

Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts