MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the F4 did not do shit this weekend and I have a question.

How much of the lack of success is due to the rider and how is due to the bike this season..? I am of the impression a lot of it is the rider. Just a gut feeling. Camier seemed to be able to get more out of the bike than Torres.

The F3 is a different story. Congrats on a great showing today

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Hard to say but we know this much...Camier on the F4 was beating up on the Honda. Now Camier on the Honda is beating the F4( barely). The RC is an old pig lol. The Honda is new and cutting edge. It should be whipping MV and so should the BMW but they barely do. So i guess Jordi deserves some props. Personally I think the F4 should retire and take all those funds and put them into the WSS team. The F3 is a real world contender for race wins...the F4 is not and never will be.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Just have to say that Rea has excellent race craft. I know he has a good machine, well set up, but some of the passes were well constructed.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Isn’t the English language funny. We read something and get totally different messages.

If you take the first lines, he says that they simply don’t get enough time to set up for the tyre allocation that they get.

My sad face was the bit where they explore the possibility that they might not be there next year...

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Since our sportschannel is always cutting down an entire race to 20 minutes I never get to see what happens to Torres.
Race 1 he fell down, what happened in race 2?

As for WSS the F3 is kicking major ass in that beestorm of R6's.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
He must have fallen. He was running about 9th and then he was gone.
No the F4 was developing some fumes or smoke and Jordi was black flagged, and he was running in P13 at the time early in the Race.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Honestly if I was in the chain of command with MV, I would of pulled the F4 out already and concentrated on the F3. I am sure they are not happy with Jordi's performance, but also the main point I took away is they are behind at every race weekend, new rider, new tires, and maybe a bit understaffed for this endeavor?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Honestly if I was in the chain of command with MV, I would of pulled the F4 out already and concentrated on the F3. I am sure they are not happy with Jordi's performance, but also the main point I took away is they are behind at every race weekend, new rider, new tires, and maybe a bit understaffed for this endeavor?
You gotta agree that Jordi also had some bad luck.
Some technical, some drivers that went down and took Torres with them.

·
Registered
609 Posts
understandable, Jordi is a great guy from what they say, but depending on where you want to be in the championship he is not going to get you closer than 5th place. Being I have no dog in the fight or passion for the F4, I would say save the $ and wait on the new f4? or get that f3 back on the top podium as it used to be.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
understandable, Jordi is a great guy from what they say, but depending on where you want to be in the championship he is not going to get you closer than 5th place. Being I have no dog in the fight or passion for the F4, I would say save the $ and wait on the new f4? or get that f3 back on the top podium as it used to be.
In all honesty and to be fair You have to get a few facts straight.
MV Agusta Reparto Corse is a private outfit and one of the poorer teams.
MV Agusta is supporting MV Agusta Reparto Corse maybe with rebates on Spare Parts.
R&D is entirely done by MV Agusta Reparto Corse.
Pirelli brought a new tire this Year with which the F4 is not happy with and they create enormous vibrations where the rear tire is loosing contact to the road.
MV Agusta Reparto Corse is trying to solve the issue, sometimes they think they got it and then the next tire is as bad.
The F4 is not down on power what the top speeds clearly demonstrate this year.
MV Agusta Reparto Corse is plainly lacking money for more testing.
Then there were only two Ducati and Kawasaki unbeatable last Year, the Yamaha was in the same ball park, so Camier was naturally as best of the Rest in P5.
This Year the Ducati, Kawasaki and the Yamaha are the ones almost in their own league, the Aprilia are damned fast as well, P7 is still best of the Rest.
Jordi is really doing a good job in my books.
Now a new F4 will be not available until 2021 and as such it will be not build for any race category, Giovanni is thinking about a Hybrid Bike.
The F3 on the other hand is simply awesome in de Rosa's hands.
Now the F3 is a 6 Years old bike which was created with all technical aids You could think of.
Two Years ago FIM banned all this driving aids, the F3 had to be adapted to it.
The Yamaha R6 was introduced last Year purposely created to the Rules of WSS.
Theoretically there should be at least 5 or six Yamaha on the top of every Result sheet.
But then Rafaele is since 5 Races fighting with the Yamaha's for the Podium spots.
So where do You think they do shabby and how much money do You think would change a thing in WSS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts