1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mirrors vibrate above 5000rpm.

this is most annoying..

so I am getting rid of them.

given I live in the Nanny state that is New South Wales in Australia, I am required to have some sort of rear view contraption.

I have a 989r

My other ride, FZ6N has a small "dual Star" mirror and is crap, I cant see behind me at all. but it passes legal requirements so I dont care.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey Benje,

Neilio from TW forum (don't get on there too much these days...)

I've got a set of Rizoma bar end mirrors on my 1078 Brutale and they are brilliant, vibrate a little bit but not too bad in my book and they look horn imho...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Benje,

Neilio from TW forum (don't get on there too much these days...)

I've got a set of Rizoma bar end mirrors on my 1078 Brutale and they are brilliant, vibrate a little bit but not too bad in my book and they look horn imho...

well well well

tis a small world indeed!!!!

nice bike! I like the 1078.
how have you been?

when did u join the fold?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should of been more clear.

its not that I want to be able to see behind me. its just that my mirrors vibrate and make this god awful noise that sounds like ratteling.

is annoying when zipping down the pub or shops and im not wearing ear plugs.. so. they go. and my already sexy bike will look better =D

·
Registered
112 Posts
well well well

tis a small world indeed!!!!

nice bike! I like the 1078.
how have you been?

when did u join the fold?
'Tis mate, can't go anywhere eh!

Thanks, yeah I am loving it, definitely pushes all the right buttons whether just looking at it or taking it for a fang. I got it in July last year, joined here a little bit before to sus the bikes out a bit, they'll let anyone on here....

Been good, not up to too much, have a coupla kids now which slowed be down a bit, I should pop my head in on the old TW board and see what's going on.

How have you been? Your Brute looks sweet, saw that you lost your license a while ago, not on the MV I hope?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I should of been more clear.

its not that I want to be able to see behind me. its just that my mirrors vibrate and make this god awful noise that sounds like ratteling.

is annoying when zipping down the pub or shops and im not wearing ear plugs.. so. they go. and my already sexy bike will look better =D
Just get rid of the standard bar ends...

I purchased the MVAgusta Corse bar ends, switched the mirrors over (see thread: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40463 , the 14th post explains how to 'swap' the mirrors over)...

I now have no vibration and I can see behind me...

If you don't like the "look" of the mirrors, then there are many types of mirrors you can purchase from our forum sponsors...

:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts