MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone could describe with as much dedtail as possible the way the F4 mirrors attach to the post behind the fairing. I am trying to see if I can put some of the F4 mirrors on my Ducati 748.

What does the wiring look like? how far apart are the bolts that attach the mirrors? Send pictures to [email protected] if you can I would appreciate it.

thanks for your time, I know you guys will help me out considering the same guy that designed my bike, designed yours!!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I surely doubt anyone here will help you....we are ALL MV SNOBS and we turn our noses up at anything else! :king:

:laughing: :laughing: :stickpoke Just Kidding....Welcome, there are alot of knowledgeable people here, someone is bound to answer your question! Just not me! :later:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
senna750 said:
I was hoping someone could describe with as much dedtail as possible the way the F4 mirrors attach to the post behind the fairing. I am trying to see if I can put some of the F4 mirrors on my Ducati 748.

What does the wiring look like? how far apart are the bolts that attach the mirrors? Send pictures to [email protected] if you can I would appreciate it.

thanks for your time, I know you guys will help me out considering the same guy that designed my bike, designed yours!!!

Our nose is designed to pop off quickly. The mirror base is bolted to a fairing stay that is metal and has little spring loaded contacts that mate to the electrical covers ahead of the air tubes. This way no wiring is needed to pull all the fairings off.

Wiring goes out the mirror bottom and is banded to the fairing stay. It's bolted to the bottom of the fairing stay for that spring loaded contact I mentioned.

Pics would probably help. No idea on measurements centre to centre for the mirror bolts. Can have a look tonight and get back...

·
Registered
301 Posts
senna750 said:
I was wanting to do a similar sort of thing - put the Duc mirrors with indicators and mirror in one (999/749??) on my ST3. Instead of looking MV at mirrors, maybe check out late model Ducatis (I know the Duc version is not as nice as the MV ones :smoking: ).... , but more likely to fit as they have the thinner stem.

Doc

·
Registered
301 Posts
MV mirrors... I love the view of all that leather................................. :eek:

I always look over my shoulder, but the MV mirror work fine for me if I lift my elbow and look under it.... still most of the time the idea is to be WAY out in front....

Doc :eek:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
As JamesC says the design is quite neat really, the wiring can be a bugger to feed through the mirror housing though. The way the wires make contact witht the rest of the loom through a metallic pad is also unique. I wouldn't put them on a Duke myself, but it'd be interested to see some photos if you do manage it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks

That was helpful!!! I will do some more research and if I get it done I will post some pics!

The reason I want to get the mirrors with the signals is so that I can get the carbon fibre air intakes with out the signal mounts messing up the lines of the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts