MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Am currently looking for some mirrors to finish off my Brutale, spent quite a bit of money on body panels, exhaust and so on....
But, as you all know - the stock mirrors are not the best for vision, unless i do a strange arm swing to look behind me.
Is it possible to get a good looking set of mirrors that work, or should i just plump for the stock/arm waving solution.
not too keen on bar ends, so I'm not looking for "bar end" advice please..
I bought some Rizoma "Logic" ones from E-moto, and they looked ok, but the vison was worse for me in my case...so they took them back..
more arm swinging not needed...
any help will be appreciated..

Cheers fellow Brutes!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I too feel the need for an improvement knowing what's up behind, I was going to try the logic mirror but had a nagging feeling that they would not be much better as they seem to sit in the same place a stock which is a great view of my forearm. Bar end mirror or mirrors seem the only solution.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I feel the same. It makes me crazy that I cannot see behind me. I bought the Rizoma mirrors...not much better, if at all. I'm also not used to a mirror that I can't adjust on the fly. Did that the first time with the Rizomas and had to pull over, get the tools out, and tighten them down again. It's really frustrating and my number one complaint about this motorcycle. In this day and age, mirrors should not be an afterthought.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Due to the ergonomics, any mirror you put on there will give you the same view, unless you go for a set like the Ducati GT 1000's with the 8 inch stalk. Butt ugly. I won't suggest bar ends if you aren't into them, but they work best on the Brute IMHO. CRG Lanesplitters. The stock mirrors surprisingly give you a bit of fairing action. Someone said in a post here once that the sticker on the mirror should say "the object in the rear view mirror is probably your elbow" or something of that sort. I thought that was funny as hell, but spot-on.

·
Registered
798 Posts
A line from the movie "Gumball Rally":
"The first rule of Italian driving: What's-a-behind me, does not-a-matter"

That being said, I have the Rizoma "Limit Naked" mirrors and like them. They are not great, but better than stock.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Try the Ducati Performance mirrors made for the Monster!

They look awesome but need a little modification!

I can't remember who's bike this is......but he'd tell you about the threading for the mirrors!

http://www.ducatistore.co.uk/acatalog/info_301.html

Attachments

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
jdog said:
Someone said in a post here once that the sticker on the mirror should say "the object in the rear view mirror is probably your elbow" or something of that sort. I thought that was funny as hell, but spot-on.

LOL that was me. I first used it years ago on the now-defunct Ducati Index. ;)

I'll second the earlier post in that I don't think you can have functioning mirrors unless you go with bar-ends. I got some Rizomas from Moto Wheels and the look is great, IMO, very much in keeping with the lines of the Brutale.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers for the quick responses people.. i like the look of the dukes mirrors, and the
limit rizomas were on the list as a "best available" option..
i could make a fortune and make some myself.... theres a thought...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Just lift your elbows you guys - dead easy and you will soon get used to it!!!

I'm 6'5'' and when I look into my mirrors I see my wrists.... LOL.... Mirrors on mostbikes are fugly, MV mirrors are for looks and part of the overall design package that we all enjoy.

Takes a spit second to lift the elbow and look underneath!

We don't buy MV's for riding practicalities!!!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Had same problem with my Triple all elbows. So I got a pair of monstrak mirrors made a huge diff. but had to order one w/ rev. thread . Not super fashion but well made and actually work!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Have a look at my album, I have the Rizoma Logic mirrors from emotouk. Excellent shade of blue tinting, great to reduce sun glare. When you set them properly they are brilliant.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Txbagman, a little of topic but.....What is a Brutal (not to mention your other toys) doing in McAllen.... my wife is from Reynosa so I know McAllen,Hidalgo etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, not the ideal place for the Brut...very flat and straight, not to mention the heat, but you know that. I try to drag it North as often as possible. The purpose of the Caponord was to travel Mexico, but that hasn't happened, yet. Saludos a su esposa!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts