MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone considered swapping out the springs that fit at the base of the mirrors? I'm beginning to think that this is the cause of the mirrors bouncing up and down so violently during riding and rendering them useless. Maybe replace them with a rubber piece or a more solid spacer. Maybe this is why the CRC bar end mirrors don't have the same problem with vibration.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Changing the spring will not help. I tighted my spring as hard as I could basically making it lock out and the vibration persisted. The problem is that the glass isn't held tightly to the mirror housing causing it to vibrate making a buzzing noise and causing blured vision. I though about taking apart the stock mirror and epoxing the glass in place but decided on getting the Rizoma Limit mirrors instead. The buzzing noise from the stock mirrors is totally GONE. The Rizoma mirrors still vibrate but MUCH MUCH less, they extend out about 1" farther and you can actually adjust them so you don't have to bend down to get a good angle to the rear. Yes they are $$$ but work and look relatively like the stock ones which I think took very nice but just don't work.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I took some rubber desk pad things, about 1/2" inch in diameter and stuffed them inbetween the mirror and the body, you can get them at home depot, they are little round pads that you stick on the bottom of things.

·
Registered
803 Posts
MikeDanger said:
I took some rubber desk pad things, about 1/2" inch in diameter and stuffed them inbetween the mirror and the body, you can get them at home depot, they are little round pads that you stick on the bottom of things.
Did it help?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MikeDanger said:

Interesting ... may try this. Thanks for the advice. Rizoma mirrors are another way to go, and I thought about that too. Oddly enough, I may be the only person who actually like the design of the stock mirrors if not their function.

·
Registered
803 Posts
herrsonic said:
Interesting ... may try this. Thanks for the advice. Rizoma mirrors are another way to go, and I thought about that too. Oddly enough, I may be the only person who actually like the design of the stock mirrors if not their function.
I to love the look of the stock mirrors!!!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts