MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mirrors vibrate to the point of not being usable in 6th gear, but do not vibrate in 5th gear. WTF?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
My F4 mirrors could never be usable after 200 km/h, so its got to do with the RPMs AND the wind blast - after 8 or 9.000 rpm it just vibrantes too much...i think its the aerodinamics of the mirror that aren t perfect.....

·
Super Moderator
22,472 Posts
Harmonicas

·
Super Moderator
22,472 Posts
If I had use this: :stickpoke, would that have helped?

(Try "Harmonics")

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
OK, i checked "harmonics" and it means desambiguation, different sound waves, for example, that vibrate at the same time creating music.
So you mean that aerodinamics is a similar system that when unbalanced, like the windcurrents over the front fairing and mirrors, provoque a vibration that makes the mirrors shake like if they had Parkinson... Or you meant something else less around physics... (this is a guess-what-I-meant game, and i just scored baço onde point aha)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Now, the stick part i'm still figuring out how would that have helped, except for poking me on the shoulder to say,hey, isn't that too fast for a public road?

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Harmonica and Harmonics. One a musical instrument the other a sound charateristic. Personally I think it is FM

·
Super Moderator
22,472 Posts
P. F. M.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Bike mirrors are pretty crappy at the best of times...With great big blind spots.
At least with the F4 you can only see your arm.Less ambiguous..

·
Registered
234 Posts
I might be wrong, but he might be mentioning about the resonance frequencies in which the mirrors will vibrate. So at 70mph in 6 you have an lower rpm in the engine than in 5. The lower rpm are matching the resonance frequencies that the mirror will vibrate. Try the same rpm in 5 and se if it does the same.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I might be wrong, but he might be mentioning about the resonance frequencies in which the mirrors will vibrate. So at 70mph in 6 you have an lower rpm in the engine than in 5. The lower rpm are matching the resonance frequencies that the mirror will vibrate. Try the same rpm in 5 and se if it does the same.
good idea

·
Super Moderator
22,472 Posts
Yes, that is exactly it. All machinery has harmonic vibration characteristics that will amplify, or compound vibrations.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I'm sorry but I don't need to look in the rear views to see all the other bikes behind me. It's not like they're going to catch me. :yo:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts