MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Mirrors mod (pics of custom mod)

After nearly having 2 accidents because of the Brute's shitty mirrors poor visibility, i decide to change them mirrors but didn't want to buy Rizomas. I don't particularly find them nice...

So, i bought myself a pair of mirrors i found in a Bike shop here in France and some bar holders.

So i tried to move the various starter, break and clutch pieces on the Brute's handle bar to make some room for my mirrors. But all the pieces are pegged into the handle bar and you can't "shift-slide" just like that.

Anyway...i won't bore you with the details but i'm pretty happy with the results. FINALLY I CAN SEE WHAT'S BEHIND ME WHEN I RIDE!!!!

It's really after you install proper mirrors that you realize how blind you were with the stock one. When i think about them, they are really dangerous and you shouldn't hesitate for 1 second before you decide to do something about them. Just check out of much "less" of my elbow and "more" of what's behing me i can see after the mod.

Vibrations were reduced by 60% when riding under 90km\h and 40% when riding above 100km\h.

*******Before...********

*******After...********

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
It doesn't take much to learn to lift your elbow, I suppose on a naked bike you are not after aerodynamics!!!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TPadden said:
Should look great - I don't think you ever posted any info on the mirrors - make? cost??

Tom
Unfortunately, i don't have specific info on the mirrors. No known brand like Rizoma or anything like that...
They are for sale at a local bike shop where i live next to Paris, France.
I have to buy extra adjusters/rings to fix the mirrors on the bar.
Total cost was 100€.
Next time i drop by the bike shop, i will ask for the specific reference ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Mirrors mod (pics of custom mod)

After nearly having 2 accidents because of the Brute's shitty mirrors poor visibility, i decide to change them mirrors but didn't want to buy Rizomas. I don't particularly find them nice...

So, i bought myself a pair of mirrors i found in a Bike shop here in France and some bar holders.

So i tried to move the various starter, break and clutch pieces on the Brute's handle bar to make some room for my mirrors. But all the pieces are pegged into the handle bar and you can't "shift-slide" just like that.

Anyway...i won't bore you with the details but i'm pretty happy with the results. FINALLY I CAN SEE WHAT'S BEHIND ME WHEN I RIDE!!!!

It's really after you install proper mirrors that you realize how blind you were with the stock one. When i think about them, they are really dangerous and you shouldn't hesitate for 1 second before you decide to do something about them. Just check out of much "less" of my elbow and "more" of what's behing me i can see after the mod.

Vibrations were reduced by 60% when riding under 90km\h and 40% when riding above 100km\h.

Before...*

After...*

Hi!! I have your same problem but I'm not anywhere close to have it sorted... I don't know what to do. To see properly through the mirrors I've got to move the clutch and front brake so far down that my wrists hurt. It's a pain... I thought about bar end mirrors but that would make filtering difficult.
I'm complaining like a baby because it is just too bad not to being able to see behind, whether leading a group or being in front of ambulances or followed by police (what I'm not...) but it is just bad.
I don't know anyone in West London that is good enough mechanic to trust them. So I'm going with mirrors but they are purely decorative.
Any help will be very welcome.
CONGRATULATIONS ON HAVING FUNCTIONAL MIRRORS!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,565 Posts
Sandra, it would be nice to know what bike model and year you are having difficulty with.

·
Wing Nut
21,595 Posts
Welcome to the family @Sandra Santiago !! Would you please do us the honor of a proper introduction with a post in the "New Members" section ??
Depending on your bike model, perhaps the CRG "Lane Splitter" bar ends would be suitable. I have them on my 910R and they work superbly, and fold back easily when in tight spots (hence the product name).
If you clip something while filtering they will just fold in with no damage done. They aren't particularly wide anyway, and rearward visibility, like I said, is superb.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
+1 👆

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the family @Sandra Santiago !! Would you please do us the honor of a proper introduction with a post in the "New Members" section ??
Depending on your bike model, perhaps the CRG "Lane Splitter" bar ends would be suitable. I have them on my 910R and they work superbly, and fold back easily when in tight spots (hence the product name).
If you clip something while filtering they will just fold in with no damage done. They aren't particularly wide anyway, and rearward visibility, like I said, is superb.
Thank you so much for your reply and for your kind welcome :)
Will do.

·
Registered
F4 312r
235 Posts
Hi!! I have your same problem but I'm not anywhere close to have it sorted... I don't know what to do. To see properly through the mirrors I've got to move the clutch and front brake so far down that my wrists hurt. It's a pain... I thought about bar end mirrors but that would make filtering difficult.
I'm complaining like a baby because it is just too bad not to being able to see behind, whether leading a group or being in front of ambulances or followed by police (what I'm not...) but it is just bad.
I don't know anyone in West London that is good enough mechanic to trust them. So I'm going with mirrors but they are purely decorative.
Any help will be very welcome.
CONGRATULATIONS ON HAVING FUNCTIONAL MIRRORS!!!
Perhaps these would suit your needs. They add hardly any width, easy to install and very reasonably priced too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts