MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
HAHA I noticed that too when i first got on my brute. Then I realized I didn't real need to see what was behind me, because they get really far back there pretty quick.
.:f4:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I can see straight behind under my arm. When I'm changing the lane or turning, I always do the "lifesaver", looking over my shoulder. It doesn't matter how good the mirrors are, I'll do it anyway, it's a good habit.

So... I don't need better mirrors.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
yeh just raise your arm and look through the gap or as said above look under, always good to know if a blue light behind you

·
Registered
212 Posts
I went with bar-end mirrors instead. Like most OEM morrors, the Brutale ones show you your elbows.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Most folks including us went with the barend mirrors. You're right you can't see through the stockers cos of the vibrations. They actually enhance the 'brutish' looks of the Brutale. Combine that with the weighted barends, they do reduce some of the discomfort from the vibrations on the bars as well.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They look very nice. What make are they . I am also very conversant with "the funky chicken" as i have to do that with the Ducati..

·
Registered
212 Posts
They look very nice. What make are they . I am also very conversant with "the funky chicken" as i have to do that with the Ducati..
They are CRG mirrors. The bar ends are Motovation. I have this combination and like it. CRG mirrors are slightly convex and that really helps. Before them I tried Oberon Streetfighter mirrors. They are smaller, the glass is flat, you can't see shit out of them, they are not adjustable without tools and the bar end weights they come with are aluminium - providing almost no relief from vibration. :blah:

·
Registered
197 Posts
My mirrors were worthless to begin with. Then I removed the pin that was holding them in place on the handlebar and now I can actually rotate them to an angle where they are use full. Not perfect but much better, as I really do not like any of the alternatives.

Phil

·
Administrator
20,349 Posts
CRG Lanesplitters with Motovation bar ends....I am very happy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
on my wish list... Rizoma reverse Retro's with weighted bar ends

Currently still stockers but have a bar end like the Oberon's on my fighter that I might try but because of the vibe I doubt it will be useful

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I just don't understand what you Brutale weenies (Randy's word, I have no idea what it means) are complaining about.

F4 mirrors?.....I just concentrate on the road ahead :stickpoke

·
Registered
41 Posts
F4 mirrors?.....I just concentrate on the road ahead :stickpoke
When I was 16, I did that too. After about two months, one time there was someone passing me on the right when I moved over.... Not pretty.

Please don't ride like that, I'd hate to lose you!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
When I was 16, I did that too. After about two months, one time there was someone passing me on the right when I moved over.... Not pretty.

Please don't ride like that, I'd hate to lose you!
it's ok mate, no mirrors at all on my Trumpy:jsm:

Seriously, I rarely use mirrors on the F4....Headcheck...

and most of the time I ride a BMW or Harley...they have real mirrors:stickpoke

·
Registered
358 Posts
Mirrors are important to me--I use them to check to see if any cop's following behind or if drunks are following too closely! The people that say they don't check for traffic behind...they are either very lucky or very ignorant. :jerkoff:

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
The people that say they don't check for traffic behind...they are either very lucky or very ignorant. :jerkoff:
Settle down champ, I hope you are not directing that comment to me.

In case you are, some education for you; this smilie :stickpokemeans 'I'm just kidding'

·
Registered
212 Posts

In case you are, some education for you; this smilie :stickpokemeans 'I'm just kidding'
Craig, when you move up to the higher society of owning a Brutie :stickpoke you will also find the mirrors useless most of the time... unless you adjust them while the front wheel is off the ground. I find I have to stand up on the pegs to see anything out the front let alone the rear while riding my Brutie. :smoking:

·
Registered
358 Posts

Not you of course--you do the headcheck! :yo:My post happens to be right after yours but my comment is to those that try to sound cavalier or macho about not needing mirrors.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts