MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit busy to type up process right now. will try and get it done tomorrow. But it couldnt be easier!
What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice project, however isn't riding a bike on the road without mirrors a little suicidal let alone not overly legal?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfectly legal in the UK, and i pull mirrors off nearly every bike i own.. I prefer slinging my head over my shoulder.
And if someone is right up my arse.. well hats off to em. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tidy looking job, planning on doing this mod myself. Looking forward to seeing how you did it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Very easy and straight forward.
You need.
A set of R&G mirror blanks
A set of the rizoma wiring adaptors
A set of the micro led indicators as pictured from Ebay
A 13mm drill

The LED indicators are listed as 'Micro Amber LED Indicators Turn Signals Lights' they cost me £20. And are abundant on Ebay.
I used the rizoma adaptors so that my mod is not permanent and i could jump between mirrors and blanks in less than 5 minutes should i choose. But you could just splice the cables.

Anyway.
First of all, i screwed the two blanks down to a piece of wood and drilled a hole of 13mm through the centre of both, start small and work big as they are plastic.
I then cut down the wiring from the leds, and spliced them to the rizoma connectors.
With this done, i put just a slight amount of super glue inside the hole i had drilled into the blanks, then pushed the led in from from outside to in, to avoid glue coming through on top of the blank. 5 minutes later, its set and ready to go, then just using a very small amount of black paint i hid what was left of the small R&G logo that was visible.
Simply hook up and bolt on and away you go.
I have not had to use a resistor either and the flash rate is as should be.
The signals are super bright and easily visible, but looks super sleak and really tightens up the front end.

Hope that helps.

Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks for the info Alex. Just ordered the wiring harness adaptors and LED's. I might make some mirror blanks myself as the R&G ones seem a little expensive for two bits of plastic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts