MV Agusta Forum banner

mirror and turn signal relocation

5K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  propeye 
#1 ·
Has anyone changed their mirrors on a 2010 or 2011 Brutale and relocated the turn signals? If so, what turn signals did you use and where did you get them?

#2 ·
Moved my turn signals within weeks of buying my 1090, buzzing mirrors drove me nuts. Bought a set of turn signals off ebay, no particular make just sourced the ones which most closely resembled the rears in shape. Then put a set of rizoma mirrors on. Pics in the gallery

#12 ·
Billy - "The indicators fitted to my 1090 are LED's and they do need the resistors" - I take it you mean the replacements? - I guess these are a single LED?
I am doing this the other way as in fitting 1090 triple LED indicators mirrors to the 1078 so it will be interesting to see if they will require resistors... Alternatively (assuming resistors are required to match the relay load) since I will retain filament lamps at the rear I think it may be possible to switch the 10W bulbs to 21W .... we'll see - The thing that is holding me back for now is http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42921

#14 ·
Hi everyone-newbie here. Just purchased a newtome 1090rr and am interested in the mirror signal change.
signals to the headlight mount sound good to me. Barend mirrors are also my preference. Wo what about the weights? What are they for? Always wondered.
And by the way-this is a great sight. I like how helpful and friendly you all are. Its freakishly refreshing.

#18 ·
Thanks all. Found some bar end mirrors on ebbay that I'm giving a try. I don't have the product info available at the moment-but the are black and mount on the barend weights. I think I'll try some small carbon signals on the side of the headlight fairing and will post a pic when its done if not before. It never got above freezing here so I didn't take itout for pictures.

#20 ·
Bar End Mirrors and Indicators relocated by Trooper Lu

A friend of mine had his Brutale 1090 Mirrors removed by Trooper Lu, great work ! Fitted these CRG Arrow bar end mirrors and Rizoma indicators.

Totally changes the look of the bike, looks more aggresive.

I have mine booked in to get same.

Attachments

#22 ·
Is that the mounting that holds the fluid resevoirs and the mirror ?

If so, I think mine will be changed to an F4 resevoir mounting, and if thats the case you can have them (as long as you pay for postage). But let me check this is the case before you get excited.

Why do you need them (out of interest)

#23 ·
Hi John I'm desperate for the top halves of the bar clamps - the bit with the the bolt through from underneath with the nut spring and cone washer. My 1078 ones are different from the 990/1090 type so dont match the indicator mirrors :(
When you remove the standard mirrors you will fit just a plain half clamp as fitted to the F4 and I think Rizoma may do plain half clamps as well - PM me if you want to be my hero :smoking:

#26 ·
All you guys looking for mirror parts...PM CAG.

#28 ·
I forgot one thing- I'm installing rizoma 11's on my 2010 1090 and the directions say connect as is no additional resistors required. There are connectors on the rizomas-do they fit the brut or am I better off slicing, dicing, and covering-cutting, soldering, shrinkwrap? Thanks for any advice.

#29 · (Edited)

Rizoma makes model specific cable connectors for their turn signals so you do not need to splice and dice. They will allow you to connect the Rizomas to your stock MV connectors. As far as resistors go, they are included and their use is optional. Here is a link for the connectors:

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=1303

They are sold as a pair. Picture above is generic and not the actual MV adapters.

Here are some other links:

Motovation 'Buzz' Killers(for barend mirrors). :)

CRG Arrow Mirrors

Rizoma Barend Mirrors

Rizoma Turn Signals

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.