MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed their mirrors on a 2010 or 2011 Brutale and relocated the turn signals? If so, what turn signals did you use and where did you get them?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Moved my turn signals within weeks of buying my 1090, buzzing mirrors drove me nuts. Bought a set of turn signals off ebay, no particular make just sourced the ones which most closely resembled the rears in shape. Then put a set of rizoma mirrors on. Pics in the gallery

·
Registered
405 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
hey dude if you by LED indicators you don`t need to worry about resistors, relocate indicators to the head light bracket very easy job. Just did it to mine

have fun

·
Super Moderator
22,635 Posts
hey dude if you by LED indicators you don`t need to worry about resistors, relocate indicators to the head light bracket very easy job. Just did it to mine

have fun

Isn't it BECAUSE of the LED indicators that you need resistors? The lower load of the LED in relation to a filament bulb causes a faster blink rate. The resistors add the load that was displaced and slow the blink rate.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'll be picking up 1090rr with the indicators located in the headlight surround like the old Brutes and a pair of bar end mirros, will post pics when i have it.

James

·
Super Moderator
22,635 Posts

have fun
Ok, here's the rub...If you hae LED indicators, which apparently the 2010 1090RR has, then additional resistive load is not required. If you have a model that has filament bulbs, you will need to add resistors to match the load that was removed. Heat Sink resistors should be used.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Ok, here's the rub...If you hae LED indicators, which apparently the 2010 1090RR has, then additional resistive load is not required. If you have a model that has filament bulbs, you will need to add resistors to match the load that was removed. Heat Sink resistors should be used.
Thats correct:popcorn:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Billy - "The indicators fitted to my 1090 are LED's and they do need the resistors" - I take it you mean the replacements? - I guess these are a single LED?
I am doing this the other way as in fitting 1090 triple LED indicators mirrors to the 1078 so it will be interesting to see if they will require resistors... Alternatively (assuming resistors are required to match the relay load) since I will retain filament lamps at the rear I think it may be possible to switch the 10W bulbs to 21W .... we'll see - The thing that is holding me back for now is http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42921

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone-newbie here. Just purchased a newtome 1090rr and am interested in the mirror signal change.
signals to the headlight mount sound good to me. Barend mirrors are also my preference. Wo what about the weights? What are they for? Always wondered.
And by the way-this is a great sight. I like how helpful and friendly you all are. Its freakishly refreshing.

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
+ 1

·
Registered
851 Posts
Welcome aboard propeye - those bar end weights are basically a rubber isolation mounted weight that vibrate out of frequency with the bars so killing the vibes you tend to get with IL4 motors :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got the bar end weights/sliders from Motovation which had the space for the clasp of the barend mirrors(CRG Hindsights). Worked out great

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks all. Found some bar end mirrors on ebbay that I'm giving a try. I don't have the product info available at the moment-but the are black and mount on the barend weights. I think I'll try some small carbon signals on the side of the headlight fairing and will post a pic when its done if not before. It never got above freezing here so I didn't take itout for pictures.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Bar End Mirrors and Indicators relocated by Trooper Lu

A friend of mine had his Brutale 1090 Mirrors removed by Trooper Lu, great work ! Fitted these CRG Arrow bar end mirrors and Rizoma indicators.

Totally changes the look of the bike, looks more aggresive.

I have mine booked in to get same.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts