MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sunday I rode down to the MV Agusta factory in Schiranna for the 'Amici di Claudio' meet. The event was organized by Giovanni Castiglioni as a tribute to his father. For the first time ever, the past and present of MV were brought together, and a huge number of MV fans showed up. It was...overwhelming.

Photo 1 - Factory entrance. By the way, the buildings - long, low and hanger-like (of course they once made Macchi planes here) - are extremely evocative, while lake Varese – which practically laps onto the factory parking lot - is stunning.

Photo 2 - A small sampling of the bikes parked in the factory yard - just about every special edition MV was represented (Senna, Tamburini, Ago, Serie Oro)

Photo 3 - Reserved parking

Photo 4 - Ipotesi based special, I assume?

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The reparto Corse was there with their mouthwatering Supersport and Superbike machinery.

Claudio Corti was hanging out, signing autographs, and generally being friendly. When he got down off the F4 Superbike, the poor guy needed a pair of crutches to hobble around. How easy it is to forget those crashes we see on TV have real consequences.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Cascina Costa MV Agusta club was officially invited by Giovanni Castiglioni to hold their annal meeting – and bike display – at the factory.

Photo 2 - Also present, the Elli collection – or a part of it?

Photo 3 - The mythical six-cylinder racer. They ran it for a few demonstration laps on nearby streets. Sounds like nothing else I've ever heard. Incredible.

Photo 4 - They should sell these ‘exhaust guards’ in MV special parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Photo 1 - Mito sp525 owners – here's your bike in production racing trim.

Photo 2 -And the source of sp525 styling… Cagiva GP500 racer

Photo 3 - Ducatis were also officially welcomed to the meet (Husqvarna, too), as former Cagiva owned brands. Here's one of my favourites, the Ducati Supermono

Photo 4 - Been a lot of complaining on this forum about the price tag on the Ago. Well, it's an absolutely gorgeous bike. Sure the lucky owners must be pretty damn happy.

Photo 5 - Now that’s my kind of Harley!

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, what an afternoon. And what a fitting memorial. The only thing missing was all you fellow MV fanatics from the forum… Next year?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Great pictures and event!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for sharing Peter. I saw some pictures from a ride day, on Facebook, very awesome.
Was your visit during the same day or time ?

Hey Donsy! Yeah, it was the same day, but I only managed to get down there mid-afternoon. Missed a bunch of stuff, including most of the ride -- they closed off some nearby streets and let riders (including boss with his son) do some parade laps.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thanks for sharing - must have been a great day

Is there an Italian Bike meeting in the last week of July anywhere in the North of Italy? Will be a the lago di Garda with my Brutie.

Jochen

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Peter, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Looks like you had an awesome time!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for sharing - must have been a great day

Is there an Italian Bike meeting in the last week of July anywhere in the North of Italy? Will be a the lago di Garda with my Brutie.

Jochen
Hi Jochen! There's lots of stuff in June (for example the Bimota riding experience June 13-16), but for late July, I haven't heard of anything yet. I'll keep my ears open and pass anything along. Cheers, Peter

1 - 17 of 17 Posts