MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,

I was the first 910R to have the race exhaust put on by Pro Italia in Glendale, CA. All that aside, it took a week to do cuz the bike had clogged throttle bodies. They ran through 2 Eproms, lots of diagnostics, et. al., because they thought it was an EFI/programming issue. They recommended I NOT have installed the PC Commander (which I bought months ago) as that's what the Eprom is supposed to do. I've had the bike a week and the fuel consumption is even WORSE, an all time low of 20mpg, down from my usual 23mpg. God, this is awful. I love my bike but is there any way to improve fuel consumption? Should I bite the dust and put the PC Commander on anyway? (Pro Italia unfortunately does not have a dyno machine, which surprised me as they're a very race-oriented shop. I'll have to find another shop to install it and create a custom map.) Any ideas? :banghead:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Metallo Brutale said:
Hey All,

I was the first 910R to have the race exhaust put on by Pro Italia in Glendale, CA. All that aside, it took a week to do cuz the bike had clogged throttle bodies. They ran through 2 Eproms, lots of diagnostics, et. al., because they thought it was an EFI/programming issue. They recommended I NOT have installed the PC Commander (which I bought months ago) as that's what the Eprom is supposed to do. I've had the bike a week and the fuel consumption is even WORSE, an all time low of 20mpg, down from my usual 23mpg. God, this is awful. I love my bike but is there any way to improve fuel consumption? Should I bite the dust and put the PC Commander on anyway? (Pro Italia unfortunately does not have a dyno machine, which surprised me as they're a very race-oriented shop. I'll have to find another shop to install it and create a custom map.) Any ideas? :banghead:
I also bought a '06 910 Brutale from Pro Italia and get a low light at approx 100miles odo. I live next to Castaic Lake, California and have a road course right there. I have gotten the low light at just over 80 miles when I've realy cranked on the bike with lots of full throttle squirts between corners. I have only (2) 120-140 mile rides with my new Corsa Inox system that includes head pipes and collector exactly the same as the promised 910R system, it also came with a chip mapped to my VIN number.. I am running stock mufflers. I have noticed no change in fuel consumption but I need a few more rides. I will report back.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Gladio said:
That was one of the advertised advantages of the 910--that it actually got better gas mileage.

I've been getting a consistant 27-28 MPG on my stock 910. It only has 900 miles on it so hopefully it'll it 30 MPH with more miles.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have the racing exhaust installed on the 910R, without power commander for now, and getting ~22mpg in backroad/city travel. It doesn't seem much different after the installation of the pipes. The pc on my F4 helped the mileage a little :blah:

·
Registered
798 Posts
If you are getting around 30mpg on your 910, I would consider that excellent. I get 25mpg. That mileagle did not change one bit after I installed headers + midpipe and PCIII. My riding is all backroads.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
When I custom map PC's, I set them up for best performance.
If a customer is concerned about gas mileage, I can set them up leaner in the cruise area to help.

MV's will get 25-30mpg under most situations. If you want super economy, scooters get around 100mpg.

·
Registered
53 Posts
With only 900miles on my 750, I am getting 30-33mpg (mostly backroad/hwy).
I would like to get better mileage but its not about saving money, it has more to do with trips. I usually go to Big Bend NP once or twice a year, and gas stations are few and far between down there. I don't like the idea of sweating between fill-ups.
I wonder if a (taller)sprocket change before a road trip would give a few more miles per tank?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
airfuel said:
I would defnitly re-gear the brute if I was doing alot of highway miles. I'm always looking for 7th gear when I get on the slabs.
Yeah, that or sell the 750 and get a nice, used 910. They carry taller gearing which plays a part in their better mileage but the bigger motor means you don't lose the pull you would if you geared "up" the 750.

BTW, my 750 gets about 33 in the canyons with an Arrow mid-pipe and a chip from Brad Black.

·
Registered
522 Posts
just filled mine up and i got 30mpg my light comes on in the mid 120's.so i'm not going to complane about getting 30 not with the fun i'm having!

·
Registered
798 Posts
910rwantobe said:
just filled mine up and i got 30mpg my light comes on in the mid 120's.so i'm not going to complane about getting 30 not with the fun i'm having!
Why the heck does the mileagle vary so much between bikes. :confused: My light comes on at 100. I was sweating bullets this morning on the way to work. I made it to the gas station with less than half a gallon left in the tank.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
If my math is right, I sometimes get 25 mpg, but often 23. Not terribly happy about the range, and petrol-costs are not funny either. I could probably get better mileage on greasy pasta it's that ridiculous.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Is there an after market fuel tank that would carry more without making the outside cover of the tank larger or the bike unstable. I know that Ducati do one for the Monster, it's actually whats under the plastic that could be a larger capacity. The ouside need not be any bigger?? Just a thought. any idea's emotouk??

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts