MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any F3 675 RC owners want to help... got a few questions before I pull the trigger.

A dealership near me has a 675 RC. The exact bike Im in love with. Ive wanted the F3 since it was in development and I lived down the street in Varese, Italy. Saw one at Mugello in 2012 as it blew by me on the twisty hills of Tuscany and that sound has been haunting me ever since.

I. Must. Own. One.

I have a racing background (worked for several factory teams in various motorsports) so Im no stranger to aggressive power delivery. Many of the F3's known quirks are things I find endearing. I have no interest in a tame & pedestrian Japanese bike. I test road a early F3 675 and I absolutely loved it and didnt notice any issues starting from stop or with power delivery, but as I said before, Im used to quirky "race" craft.

It seems over the years the ECU & throttle control issues have been dealt with. So Im not worried about that stuff. Here are my concerns...

(I live several hours from the dealership so it's not like I can drop by to answer some of these questions myself. And when I call the dealership the sales people cant figure out if it's a 2016 or 2015 model so I'd rather ask actual experts here and already know what Im looking for/at once I go to the dealership)

1. Do the RC's have the new LED tail light? Is that a 15.5 model year upgrade or a 2016 upgrade?

2. The dash: Ive read on this forum that late 2015 built F3's have the Brutale updated dash that is a big upgrade. Do the RC's have this? How can one tell? What are the differences?

3. License plate: It's pictured with the "sport style" plate holder like on the Ago and then it's also pictured with a standard license plate holder. Which does it actually have?

4. Im gonna assume that talking the dealer off the MSRP is next to impossible with these ultra rare bikes?

Thanks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
1. yes they do have the new LED diffusing taillight

2. as far as i look at the website... they do came with the new dash layout, and also in grey micro LCD...

3. maybe you got both ?

4. -

again i think there are several members, who already got their F3RCs...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
1. yes they do have the new LED diffusing taillight

2. as far as i look at the website... they do came with the new dash layout, and also in grey micro LCD...

3. maybe you got both ?

4. -

again i think there are several members, who already got their F3RCs...
1. thanks. That settles that.

2. Where are u looking on the website? What specifically should I be looking for to tell the difference in the dashboards? On the downloadable brochure the dash is blue. On the website it shows grey. So confusing.

3. I dunno. If u look at their website they show the bike even with mirrors and a license plate holder. But the literature specifically says the bike is stripped of both of those parts:

http://www.mvagusta.com/media/filer...f-4fa8-83ba-5382e5591125/brochure_f3rc_en.pdf

I'd love for a F3RC owner to chime in here.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
...when I call the dealership the sales people cant figure out if it's a 2016 or 2015 model...
WOW, I'd stay away from that dealer if the sales people don't know enough to look at the tenth character of the VIN to ascertain the model year.

C = 2012
D = 2013
E = 2014
F = 2015
G = 2016

Also, shouldn't all vehicles have a plate with the month and year of manufacture? That would tell if it was an early or late build.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW, I'd stay away from that dealer if the sales people don't know enough to look at the tenth character of the VIN to ascertain the model year.
If I avoided dealerships that had sales people that didnt know their product, I'd never buy anything, :). Sales floor guys are dumb. It just is what it is. Whether Im trying to buy a BMW car, Toyota truck, or a TV at Best Buy.... Im used to having to learn the product on my own. Which is why Im here. Y'all are the experts!

C = 2012
D = 2013
E = 2014
F = 2015
G = 2016
Thankyou. That should help.

Also, don't all vehicles have a plate with the manufacture date on it?
I know both our Ducati's do as does our Subarus.
I would assume they do. How would this help me? Specifically, what am I looking for to get the new dash, how late a build?

·
Registered
947 Posts
It is a 2015 model in Europe but may be a 2016 in the US. It comes with the new dash and is not blue at night the picture just makes it look that way.

The bike will be delivered in "Street Mode" with mirrors, license plate, etc. on the bike. If you look at the spec sheet it comes with these accesories for "Race Mode".

Anodized aluminum mirror caps kit.
Billet aluminum Brake/Clutch levers.
Billet aluminum “Sport” License Plate Holder.
Billet aluminum Foot peg kit.
Fiberglass rear seat cover.
Dedicated Bike Cover.
Paddock Stand.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a 2015 model in Europe but may be a 2016 in the US. It comes with the new dash and is not blue at night the picture just makes it look that way.

The bike will be delivered in "Street Mode" with mirrors, license plate, etc. on the bike. If you look at the spec sheet it comes with these accessories for "Race Mode".

Anodized aluminum mirror caps kit.
Billet aluminum Brake/Clutch levers.
Billet aluminum “Sport” License Plate Holder.
Billet aluminum Foot peg kit.
Fiberglass rear seat cover.
Dedicated Bike Cover.
Paddock Stand.
Ok. Awesome. Thx for that. That answers a lot of my questions.

What exactly is the "sport" license plate holder? Are their any pics of it.

Does the "street mode" showroom setup have a rear seat that allows for a passenger?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yes it has a pillion seat and pegs. This picture shows what the sport plate holder looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it has a pillion seat and pegs. This picture shows what the sport plate holder looks like.
I see. Thankyou.

And the EAS (that is the quick shifter correct?) is now standard on F3's?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the MV website:

F3 675 ... says it has ABS & EAS (quick shift right?)
F3 800 ... says it has ABS & EAS
F3 800 RC ... says it has ABS Bosch 9 Plus Race (what is this?), RLM, and EAS
F3 800 Ago ... says it has ABS Bosch 9 Plus Race, RLM, and EAS

F3 675 RC ... doesnt list the ABS or EAS!

Why would the 675 RC not list the features that all the other bikes have standard? Chalk it up to Italian attention to detail?

·
Registered
177 Posts
look at the tenth character of the VIN to ascertain the model year.

C = 2012
D = 2013
E = 2014
F = 2015
G = 2016
The bike im looking at is a 07/2013 make but its tenth vin digit is an "E".

Im confused ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im confused ?
Get used to it. That seems to be part of the deal when becoming a MV owner.

This thread has answered a lot of questions and only open up new ones as it goes. For instance, Im trying to figure out if the RC's are 2016 models or not. I thought they were 2015's but now they are listed in the media as 2016.

·
Registered
947 Posts
The US models are 2016 models. Its not uncommon for a manufacturer (car or bike) to sell early release models. For example, My first F3 was purchased in August 2012 but it is officially a 2013 model. So while the RC's are 2015 models outside the US they are 2016 models here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The US models are 2016 models. Its not uncommon for a manufacturer (car or bike) to sell early release models. For example, My first F3 was purchased in August 2012 but it is officially a 2013 model. So while the RC's are 2015 models outside the US they are 2016 models here.
Thankyou for the clarification.

Since they are 2016 models, does that mean the base 2016 models wont be getting any updates? Or is it possible that the 2016's will have updates the RC's didnt get, such as new suspension if they go Sach's instead of the outgoing Marzocchi?

While I got you here can I get you to answer this one for me?

On the MV website:

F3 675 ... says it has ABS & EAS (quick shift right?)
F3 800 ... says it has ABS & EAS
F3 800 RC ... says it has ABS Bosch 9 Plus Race (what is this?), RLM, and EAS
F3 800 Ago ... says it has ABS Bosch 9 Plus Race, RLM, and EAS

F3 675 RC ... doesnt list the ABS or EAS!

Why would the 675 RC not list the features that all the other bikes have standard? Chalk it up to Italian attention to detail?

On another note: I really want this F3 675 RC Im looking at. Im ready to put a deposit down until I can deliver the check in person. But the dealer isnt really working with me on it. They want $1k in setup/delivery charges (which I know are bogus) and since it's California Im forced to pay sales tax (an additional $1400) that Im not used to paying in my home state of Oregon. That's about $2500 more plus the already nearly $3k more the RC version is over the base model. Totally over $5k over what I can get a F3 675 out the door for. Just for a paint job? Kinda frustrating and hard to get over.

·
Registered
947 Posts
There will be no updates to the 2016 F3's. Last I heard was that MV struck a deal for Marzocchi to supply MV until April 2016 with complete parts and spares for a good bit longer after that.

If you check the link that you posted in the second comment of the thread you can read the entire specs of the 675 RC. It comes with the same equipment the other F3's have including ABS and EAS. The "race mode" for the ABS just means that it will take alot more to get it to activate than it would in normal mode and is geared toward track use.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There will be no updates to the 2016 F3's. Last I heard was that MV struck a deal for Marzocchi to supply MV until April 2016 with complete parts and spares for a good bit longer after that.

If you check the link that you posted in the second comment of the thread you can read the entire specs of the 675 RC. It comes with the same equipment the other F3's have including ABS and EAS. The "race mode" for the ABS just means that it will take alot more to get it to activate than it would in normal mode and is geared toward track use.
Thx a ton for the clarifications. That answers all my questions. Ur right, the brochure does show that the 675 has all the cool ABS stuff. Not sure why the website has inconsistencies. But again, I lived in Varese, I should know better.

Now it's time to talk this damn dealer down off their freight & setup charges.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Good luck with the negotiating. Hope you get a good deal ☺

·
Registered
265 Posts
A dealership near me has a 675 RC. The exact bike Im in love with. Ive wanted the F3 since it was in development and I lived down the street in Varese, Italy. Saw one at Mugello in 2012 as it blew by me on the twisty hills of Tuscany and that sound has been haunting me ever since.

I. Must. Own. One.

I have a racing background (worked for several factory teams in various motorsports) so Im no stranger to aggressive power delivery. Many of the F3's known quirks are things I find endearing. I have no interest in a tame & pedestrian Japanese bike. I test road a early F3 675 and I absolutely loved it and didnt notice any issues starting from stop or with power delivery, but as I said before, Im used to quirky "race" craft.

It seems over the years the ECU & throttle control issues have been dealt with. So Im not worried about that stuff. Here are my concerns...

(I live several hours from the dealership so it's not like I can drop by to answer some of these questions myself. And when I call the dealership the sales people cant figure out if it's a 2016 or 2015 model so I'd rather ask actual experts here and already know what Im looking for/at once I go to the dealership)

1. Do the RC's have the new LED tail light? Is that a 15.5 model year upgrade or a 2016 upgrade?

2. The dash: Ive read on this forum that late 2015 built F3's have the Brutale updated dash that is a big upgrade. Do the RC's have this? How can one tell? What are the differences?

3. License plate: It's pictured with the "sport style" plate holder like on the Ago and then it's also pictured with a standard license plate holder. Which does it actually have?

4. Im gonna assume that talking the dealer off the MSRP is next to impossible with these ultra rare bikes?

Thanks.
Mine's been in the garage since Nov 25th (supposedly only 10 of these in the US), been doing a good look over and upgrades before I ride. Bike as delivered is a 2016 ("G" in 10th VIN location), has the LED tail but not LED turn sigs. I put an NRC tidy on and had to add a solid state relay as this caused a fast flash. Comes with a standard plate holder installed and the sport style kit in the box, along with the pillion cover, bike cover, mirror caps & battery charger. Slipper of course and quick shifter but no steering damper (I added a Matris). I paid the US MSRP ($16798). Here are three pics to help with the dash, etc. I also didn't like the "37" number that it came with so changed it to a Cluzel "16". The numbers are not cleared over so it makes them easy to change.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Mine's been in the garage since Nov 25th (supposedly only 10 of these in the US), been doing a good look over and upgrades before I ride. Bike as delivered is a 2016 ("G" in 10th VIN location), has the LED tail but not LED turn sigs. I put an NRC tidy on and had to add a solid state relay as this caused a fast flash. Comes with a standard plate holder installed and the sport style kit in the box, along with the pillion cover, bike cover, mirror caps & battery charger. Slipper of course and quick shifter but no steering damper (I added a Matris). I paid the US MSRP ($16798). Here are three pics to help with the dash, etc. I also didn't like the "37" number that it came with so changed it to a Cluzel "16". The numbers are not cleared over so it makes them easy to change.
thx for the pics and info.

What is a "tidy"? Forgive my ignorance.

Nice work on the #. I was wondering if I'd be able to change it to my personal number or not. I like that they left that option open.

Not sure if Im going to get a steering dampner or not. Everyone seems to swear by them. When I test road the F3 I was so happy with riding it I didnt seem to notice or care.

What kind of seat comes on the RC? Is it the same neoprene one that is found in the 'special parts' section or is it the standard seat?

·
Registered
265 Posts
A Tidy is just a term for a replacement plate holder/turn signal unit. The "tidy" term is because the aftermarket plate holders "tidy" up the tail from all the crap the manufacturers have to hang on the back of the bike for the official design. The seat is an upgrade - black suede-like center with grained vinyl around the edge and red stitching. I have never had an issue with the stock seat though - lots of time on my '13 F3 and never a sore butt. Worked MotoAmerica on a SuperSport team last year and all the F3's had dampers on them. Road tests online also mention some head shake tendencies when testing the F3.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts