MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some searching here and asked the dealer but still not too sure about what to do to improve exhaust sound. The dealer I bought the Brutale 910S at told me that just switching out the mid-pipe would make a nice, noticeable difference in the sound of my bike. Have you guys had good luck with this or have you had to switch out the mufflers too?

I don;t like many of the aftermarket muffler looks like the Arrow canisters. I like the "sawed off" pointed stock canister look. If a mid-pipe is all I need to get a better sound then I'd be happy. I don't want to ruin the look of the stock mufflers but want some better sound and would appreciate a little guidance

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Will let you know if makes a difference on my F4R this Wednesday. I will be getting it back from the dealer and placing on a Ti midpipe.
Andrew

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet, if possible, take some before and after sound clips.

R1andrew said:
Will let you know if makes a difference on my F4R this Wednesday. I will be getting it back from the dealer and placing on a Ti midpipe.
Andrew

·
Registered
350 Posts
:flamethro Night shade when i bought my Brutale i was asking the same qustions.
Well heres what i did. I bought the 910R header that comes with a midpipe and eprom with my stock cans it made the bike sound very throty not overly loud but sounded great. But i thougt i wanted louder so i bought the racing cans from the 910R now its loud and still has that stock look. The other day i got a ticket and it fooled the cops they thought the bike had the stock exhaust. But i still like the way it sounds with the stock cans better. The throty sound sounds more like a jet plane. By the way the bike screams with the stock cans or the race cans. Depending how i feel i change them it only takes a few minutes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I put a midpipe on my 750 and it does sound much better. The power is a little peakier though, so a bit of a trade-off.

·
Registered
71 Posts
AgoFan said:
I put a midpipe on my 750 and it does sound much better. The power is a little peakier though, so a bit of a trade-off.
What do you mean peakier and did you get a eprom or power commander?????????????????????I put a midpipe on my 750 and it does sound much better. The power is a little peakier though, so a bit of a trade-off.????????????????????????????PILLAR

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Nightshade said:
Sweet, if possible, take some before and after sound clips.
Going today to pick her up. Let me know how to do a sound clip and I will attempt to place it on here.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have a video camera or a digital camera with a video mode? If so , use that. Can store it on places like photobucket and other similar sites to share

·
Registered
341 Posts
Beearch,the mid pipe or link pipe effectively replaces the cat,it joins the header pipes to the end cans :devilsmok

·
Registered
762 Posts
beearch said:
Hi all
Sorry to draw off topic a little, but from my understanding the mid pipe is part of the cat, no?
The other way around - the cat is part of the mid-pipe on the stock Brutale. Many people (myself included) like to replace the stock midpipe (including the cat) with an after-market one which does not include a cat. The result is a nicer sound (to most) and a bit of improved power.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Got the bike back and started working on it last night. The Ti midpipe weighs 16ounces and the stock one comes in at 53.1ounces :jsm: . I did not intend to take the stock one off without a doing a sound clip. I got carried away with the disign of the bike and next thing I knew it was off. I think I will place it back on this morning do a clip then switch to the Ti and see how that sounds. I am going to weigh the organ pipes while they are off. They feel to be several pounds apiece. Will let you know in a couple hrs how it all comes out.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Midpipe on and much easier to work on than the Jap stuff. The sound is a little deeper. Going to cleaner her up, trailered her home in the rain :bawling: . Will be 57 today so I will get her out and see if the butt dyno can feel anything. I am only right at the 500 mile mark, so I get on it to hard. Here is a pic of the stock and Ti midpipes and the bike being worked on.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts