MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
From what I've found, they range from about $300-$600 and don't do much on their own. Most recommend a new chip and map, but say sound is better.
I'm planning to get one, but for the main purpose of having it and my headers ceramic coated to reduce heat.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have replaced the midpipe on my Brutale 750 and it`s a bit louder (better sound) but I also changed to the BMC filter, so that may have impact to the sound too! The sound is quite nicer I think and personally I wouldn`t have it any louder than it is now. I also replaced the chip, and it feels a lot stronger now, and wheelies is even easier now :) :laughing:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Triple Seven said:
How much is the mid-pipe? What can I expect in regards to performance and sound if installed?
I just installed the MV Corse headers and midpipe (they sell it as one unit) on my 910 last week. The sound is great. Louder and deeper than stock, but not obnoxious. John T (Airfuel) will install the PCIII and custom map it on his dyno in a couple of weeks and that will tell the performance story. Here is a link to my thread with some pics:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1289

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I have the midpipe, and the sound is noticeably louder. It give it a more hollow tuned sound. Kinda like having quieter brand of slip-on if you had a jap bike.

You sound stock at idle, but when underload(moving) the bike sounds even more incredible. I get TONS of compliments of how nice the bike sounds....even from a fellow MV owner...

It will also lean out the a\f ratio so you dont run so rich, and on top of that, stock 750s dyno at 104 WHP, mine gained 2 WHP....worth it IMO....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mid-pipe not hype

I also questioned the mid-pipe, but at my 500mile service I went and had it installed, following a few recommendations. Just do it, mine was $ 425, the sound is far sexier and I agree with everyone that it will not upset the neighbors. It could be that I am getting used to the bike but the throttle response seems a little less edgy and smoother, not just on and off.

Michael

1 - 7 of 7 Posts