MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Arrows mid-pipe last week and was wondering if anyone who has installed one before could share their suggested install steps?

It looks to me like I will need to take the mufflers off in order to install the mid-pipe, would I also need to loosen or remove the header pipes as well to get everything to line-up properly?

Any need to use high-temp silicone on the connections or is it a slipon, spring-up and go process?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
There is an identical thread somewhere, but basically, take off the exhaust cans, remove the cat, and install the cans individually, then just bolt up, put on the springs, and enjoy!

·
Registered
126 Posts
follow fazer6's advice. do not loosen the headers. also, "slipping-on" the midpipe takes quite a bit of force b/c it is a very tight fit.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, my biggest question was regarding the headers - I was hoping I didn't have to take the full system apart.

Fazer6 - I finally found the install thread you were referring to. I appreciate your help. Sorry I couldn't make it on a ride this past weekend - the wife's out of town this coming weekend so lots of riding will surely take place!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I also found a thin film of lube will help the tubes slide together easier, as mentioned they can be very tight! Also Loctite the bolts on assembly

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I'll second that loctite comment. But use locktite blue not red. The red takes heat to break it loose.

CAG

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
agusta01 said:
I also found a thin film of lube will help the tubes slide together easier, as mentioned they can be very tight! Also Loctite the bolts on assembly
True, very tight. I used a little wd-40 to coax the mid on.

Should have time and health to ride this weekend too, shoot me a pm or start a ride thread!.

M

·
0 Posts
+1 for blue locktite...

For the midpipe...I used a little motivation from a rubber mallet, and some extra ummmpphhh from my mechanic.

·
Registered
140 Posts
As soon as I get my bike back, I'll do up an install video for the mid-pipe and for the Thunder system I have. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts