MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed the new microtec so now it is time for a test ride. Hope it is all it is made out to be.

·
Administrator
18,817 Posts
I am in the same boat...just installed a new (used) Microtech. Need to go test ride, but work is interfering.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will forward an email to you from Chris at X-bikes which has some set up instructions

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
better off throttle response and smoother through the range. The fans come on a little sooner also

·
Administrator
18,817 Posts
Now that i have the alarm removed and she runs I will need to set the TPS....thanks for the email!!

·
Administrator
18,817 Posts
Does your neutral light glow when it's in gear? Only got in a quick ride up and down the street tonight. Seems to idle well an accelerate smoothly.....but the headlight flickers on/off at idle and the neutral light only dims in gear???

I've got a steep learning curve, and haven't had enough time to study it yet.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
To get my neutral light working properly I had to pop open the harness and wire in a capacitor. Don't remember where or who told me, but if you want, I can take a pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Can someone youtube a microtec install, or still photo here?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Microtec

better off throttle response and smoother through the range. The fans come on a little sooner also
George, does the bike run cooler at standstill?

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does your neutral light glow when it's in gear? Only got in a quick ride up and down the street tonight. Seems to idle well an accelerate smoothly.....but the headlight flickers on/off at idle and the neutral light only dims in gear???

I've got a steep learning curve, and haven't had enough time to study it yet.
Yes it glows slightly and there is a tutorial to fix that in the email I sent you

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Can someone youtube a microtec install, or still photo here?
Yes it glows slightly and there is a tutorial to fix that in the email I sent you
Haven't ridden it enough to tell
After 5 years +/- of using and talking about the Microtec, I can't believe the questions being asked now, and no offence meant either, it just amazes me, where were you guys all this time. :stickpoke

George the info you sent to Ed has been available on my site, via Chris, others and myself for a long time, well done on finding it as you won't believe how many guys can't even open that basic email from Chris.
I'll have to update that part of the site too, so if you have anything new please send it to me too.:):naughty:

Now let us know what you all find, let others know too, I must be on block for some people. :jsm:

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After 5 years +/- of using and talking about the Microtec, I can't believe the questions being asked now, and no offence meant either, it just amazes me, where were you guys all this time. :stickpoke

George the info you sent to Ed has been available on my site, via Chris, others and myself for a long time, well done on finding it as you won't believe how many guys can't even open that basic email from Chris.
I'll have to update that part of the site too, so if you have anything new please send it to me too.:):naughty:

Now let us know what you all find, let others know too, I must be on block for some people. :jsm:
Dons you do an amazing job of collecting and handling information and keeping the site up and running. Most of the time people ask questions instead of searching because it is easier.

Chris from X-bikes has a quickshifter for me in stock which I will buy. It is for a standard peg shifter I believe and he does the modification for a rearset shifter using the linkage rod also. Do not have the prices

·
Administrator
18,817 Posts
I just dove off into the deep end here Dons :ahhh:

..... Hadn't really studied too much about the Microtech units, just knew a lot of folks very happy with the change.

Gina was running really well with the MV Kit ECU....but I had this opportunity to buy Henrik's Microtech and thought...What the hell, let's try it out. :D

So I'm now on a steep learning curve and haven't been able to devote enough time to the educational process. :nerd:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts