MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
20,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my Microtec dyno tuned and it now starts and runs well, but idle is a bit high (1800 rpm) and it is just a little sensitive on initial throttle pick-up.
Runs really great otherwise.
So I hooked her up to my computer to save the new maps and noticed the TPS is set at 2.8 ????

After I made copies of the new config and map files I tried re-inputting the closed throttle and wide open throttle analog numbers on the linear page (97 and 858 respectively), but the TPS is still set at 2.8.

Everything I read says it should be 2.3...even the Microtec manual....so how do I fix that? And will that lower the idle speed (I would think so). Is there a config page to go to where you input TPS idle number?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Have a look at the timing map portion of your tuning file. My timing map had some interesting stuff going on in that portion in terms of big peaks that seemed to be designed to hold the idle more stable. If you're idling on the other side of those cells then that may affect your idle speed, or you're caught between two cells that have a big peak to peak difference (there isn't a ton of resolution where you'd want it in the idle/off idle range). Basically it could be a lot of things and I'm not much help, but taking care of those areas on the timing map help smooth out my throttle transitions more than anything we did to fueling in those same areas

·
Administrator
20,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But the TPS reading.....shouldn't it be 2.3 ??? How do you get there?

And thanks AL...I appreciate all your experience here. I know you've spent a lot of time on yours.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I never had an issue with the TPS setup, but I don't have the software in front of me right now. I can look when I get home from work right before I inspect these loose steering bearings (always something)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ed,

Had this issue when I fitted a Microtec to a mates 2014 1090. Couldn't get the TPS to read 2.3. It read 2.8-80 odd and no amount of resetting worked. Now I vaguely remember either an email from, or a conversation with Chris about this and he did explain it and it's not too much to worry about, sorry I can't be more specific, memory fails me. On the map edit page try adding fuel to the cells @ 2.3 from 1000-1750 rpm (on all cylinders). Start with 5% and add 5% at a time until you notice the idle come down. Balancing the throttle bodies helps too.

It won't help with the sensitivity. Still, smoother than the standard ecu but hair trigger in comparison to other bikes, 0-stupid in a few degrees but controllable. Sorry I can't be more specific. PM me if you need more info. I'll try and track down his email or conversation.

Cheers

Deano

·
Administrator
20,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Deano.....It's just that it was 2.3 when I installed it. After Mark at the Ducshop finished it is at 2.8. How did it get changed?

·
Administrator
20,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could it be as simple as check the throttle cables, make sure you have a bit of slack in the open and close ?
Nope. Everything is adjusted properly. Nothing was changed while at the dyno other than the mapping and configuration.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ed,

Brain cells are stirring. I see you've got a 910R. I'm pretty sure Chris said the config file for the newer 2010 on models sets the figure higher or something. Don't quote me, my brains not to be trusted. I'd send you my config file but mines a 1078. Maybe someone out there has one they can email you to try.

Cheers

Deano

·
Super Moderator
22,463 Posts
Crazy question: Where is the "choke" lever set?

·
Administrator
20,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never Mind.....I figured it out. Just had to go to the config linear page and click twice in the field. Was able to change it today. :smoking:

Must not have been holding my tongue in the correct cheek yesterday. :banghead:

After discussion with Ducshop, I will pull a little advance out at idle to lower the tick over a bit.

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions guys !! :yo:

·
Administrator
20,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, thanks..I got it done.

I have all Chris' instructional videos, but for some reason my software is (or acts) slightly different than what he shows.....unafraid (I have back up map copies) I dug in and hacked.

Will bring my computer and cord to the Gapalicious just in case i want to try some more. Al will be there and I know he has it all figured out !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts