MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
20,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally had some decent weather and an opportunity to take Lola out for a test ride after installing the M232 Microtec from Chris at X-Bikes..... :f4:

OMG, what a change!!!! :jsm: Incredibly smooth power delivery...incredible power. Just a massive transformation.

Now, granted, I am driving illegally on a track only bike around my neighborhood :naughty:

So not a really good long test ride. 3rd gear for a brief moment was about all that was possible (over 100 mph in a residential neighborhood!!!:ahhh:)

But oh the sensation in 1st and 2nd.... :yo:

Took a while to finally get it done (started the project almost a year ago!). Thanks for the guidance Chris, and supplying all the bits to make it happen.
The wire loom and everything else provided by X-Bikes was very well made.

Sequential fuel injection, plus Auto-tune and gear position detection scheme in the mapping..... Can't wait to get on a track now.

Some photos from the install:
Manifold pressure sensor on cylinder #1 for cam position to allow sequential injection.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,635 Posts
Nice Ed!

·
Registered
5,096 Posts

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Way to go. Very happy for you.

·
Administrator
20,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Where does the map sensor hose go?
Map sensor hose is spliced into #1 cylinder vacuum hose normally used for synchronizing throttle bodies (or feeding evap emissions into intake from the canister on so equipped models).

I can happily report, after a couple of track days.....she runs SO GOOD !!! :yo: :f4:

·
Registered
439 Posts
I too believe the sequential firing is the key to good running! The stock setup just is, well, BAD!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Fantastic, I love hearing stories like this where something is completely transformed for the better ;)

Great stuff!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Very cool! The Microtech seems like the logical last step for anyone looking to max out their bike. Haven’t seen a bad review yet!

Can’t wait......

·
Registered
113 Posts
Very cool! The Microtech seems like the logical last step for anyone looking to max out their bike. Haven’t seen a bad review yet!

Can’t wait......

and I don't think you will hear anything bad. It makes a hell of a difference. Installed a M227 in my corsacorta and the bike just came alive. Itts almost like it was being held back by the stock ECU. The extra's like launch control are also nice. >:)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Had an email exchange with Chris a while back. He recommended a quick-shifter along with the ECU upgrade. @esq'z me, did you go that route? Any other hardware modifications to go along with the chipset?

·
Administrator
20,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did not go with the quick shifter, although I may add it later. I'm kinda old school (and kinda slow).

I did install the auto-tune system.

Reactions: über

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did not go with the quick shifter, although I may add it later. I'm kinda old school (and kinda slow).

I did install the auto-tune system.

Can I ask why you need the auto tune with the microtec. I have the microtec on my 1078RR and its brilliant, although hard for me to judge really as I have not ridden a non microtec bike.
For me the the main initial feedback was the smooth fueling everywhere in all gears but instant response when you want it. Incredible acceleration!! A lot of peeps talk about the water pump issue on standard equip water pump bikes (as mine) but I have to say even when the temps have been really hot here the bike so far has run without issue, this must be down to the microtec!

For anyone on the fence about getting one it's a no brainer in my opinion and Chris is very helpful/knowledgeable to boot!

·
Administrator
20,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can I ask why you need the auto tune with the microtec.
The map in the Microtec, as delivered and developed by Chris, is very good, but every bike and locale has its own variables.
The Auto-Tune enables me to adjust mapping without a dyno....something I do not own.

Certainly not needed for most, especially if Chris has a map built for a bike equipped exactly the same as yours or you have access to dyno tuning.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The map in the Microtec, as delivered and developed by Chris, is very good, but every bike and locale has its own variables.
The Auto-Tune enables me to adjust mapping without a dyno....something I do not own.

Certainly not needed for most, especially if Chris has a map built for a bike equipped exactly the same as yours or you have access to dyno tuning.

Hi Hope you don't mind another question but does the Auto-Tune adjust/fine tune Chris's map constantly or is it a one of learning process?

Cheers:smile2:

·
Administrator
20,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Hope you don't mind another question but does the Auto-Tune adjust/fine tune Chris's map constantly or is it a one of learning process?

Cheers:smile2:
Innovate LC-2 wide band lambda.... I believe (maybe you should ask Chris) that it is constantly making changes to the installed map, but I could be wrong.

It does allow you to see the changes it makes as you ride and save them as a permanent map for your bike and you. This is augmented by ability to change the target lambda values in the software at varying rpms and throttle openings.... so you can royally screw up you map...or infinitely refine it to perfection.

Then you bike is mapped the way you want it and you could remove the auto-tune and put it on another bike.
Software looks like this (screen shot from Chris' instructional video):

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts