MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local MV dealer has a strong link to the factory and as such is selling 29 of these units. Just posting in case anyone is thinking of getting one in the near future.
Following on is a copy of the text they have posted on facebook, if anyone wants to se the pics have a look at their FB page under the following. I would be having one of those had my bike not already have one fitted!! I have no link to them other than thinking that this looks like a good deal!!

Cheers

Signature Moto / MV Agusta Norwich

Via our close relationship with the factory we purchased various historical stock items now no longer available to order from the factory, in the coming weeks we will be posting various spare parts we have available / in stock & the quantity.
Once this stock is gone it’s gone.
We have available x29 New, OEM MV Agusta Corse (Microtec) ‘M226 MV’ ECU, Part Number RDMT001059
£495 GBP + Vat.
Application list below,
F4, Until MY09 (That use this ECU)
Brutale, All MY (That use this ECU)

The M226 ECU in place of the original unit implements all the functionality & all the safeties of the original unit, it is supplied with the preloaded map applicable to the above application list but is completely customisable.
Shipping at cost, will ship worldwide.
[email protected]

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
I would like one, just not sure if I really need to swap mine out to one that has all the options.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I almost bought one of them as it is a killer deal but found out I'm stuck with the wrong ecu for that.

for those of us with the 16M ecu what is the best option to get it running well? I have oem headers with an arrow decat pipe and Bodis end cans and it is not happy with me on the stock fueling.

·
Super Moderator
21,422 Posts
I almost bought one of them as it is a killer deal but found out I'm stuck with the wrong ecu for that.

for those of us with the 16M ecu what is the best option to get it running well? I have oem headers with an arrow decat pipe and Bodis end cans and it is not happy with me on the stock fueling.
Contact forum member @merc07. HE can sort you out.

·
Administrator
18,834 Posts

Contact forum member @merc07. HE can sort you out.
Thank you, I sent him a PM.
OR...you can contact X-Bikes for the Microtec M232 with wire loom and MAP sensor. Coverts to sequential injection. Makes it a different bike !! But it ain't cheap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 2007 F4 312R has a DNA air filter but is otherwise standard. Based on what I have read on the forum my main interest is changing the ignition and fan temperature switch to reduce over heating. Hence I facebook messaged Signatute Moto concerning their NEW, OEM MV Agusta Corse (Microtec) ‘M226 MV’ ECU 495 GBP. James indicated that they have an M191 ECU specifically developed by the factory for the 312 F4 for 515 GBP and sent me a copy of the manual. Again from what I can gather from the forum either of these ECU's should fit a 2007 312R but the M191 is an older version. Would someone please confirm if this is the case? Is it worth spending this sort of money on an ECU upgrade if the 312R has more than enough performance for me stock. When I read the M191 manual I very quickly got lost. From the forum I get the impression that to get value from an upgraded ECU dyno tuning is required. Would someone in Australia let me know who in Victoria or SA would know what they were doing with a 312R. From what I can find on Google Brad "The Bike Boy" Black seems knowledgeable but I don't think he has a dyno. Appreciate any replies before I lash out on an ECU upgrade.

·
Administrator
18,834 Posts
R1andrew has the M191 on his Mona Lisa..... Works well for him. I would spring for the newer M226, but either will need some tuning adjustments to get the maximum benefits.

Adjusting "Fan On" temps is really easy. Make sure the M191 comes with the communication cable and software.

Either way, I'd make the investment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I received my ECU today and browsed thru the files and folders on the CD. I can confirm that did does have maps for the F4 312R. I'm not familiar at all with the different model F4s and I cannot comment any further than that.

My 2007 F4 312R has a DNA air filter but is otherwise standard. Based on what I have read on the forum my main interest is changing the ignition and fan temperature switch to reduce over heating. Hence I facebook messaged Signatute Moto concerning their NEW, OEM MV Agusta Corse (Microtec) ‘M226 MV’ ECU 495 GBP. James indicated that they have an M191 ECU specifically developed by the factory for the 312 F4 for 515 GBP and sent me a copy of the manual. Again from what I can gather from the forum either of these ECU's should fit a 2007 312R but the M191 is an older version. Would someone please confirm if this is the case? Is it worth spending this sort of money on an ECU upgrade if the 312R has more than enough performance for me stock. When I read the M191 manual I very quickly got lost. From the forum I get the impression that to get value from an upgraded ECU dyno tuning is required. Would someone in Australia let me know who in Victoria or SA would know what they were doing with a 312R. From what I can find on Google Brad "The Bike Boy" Black seems knowledgeable but I don't think he has a dyno. Appreciate any replies before I lash out on an ECU upgrade.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My local MV dealer has a strong link to the factory and as such is selling 29 of these units. Just posting in case anyone is thinking of getting one in the near future.
Following on is a copy of the text they have posted on facebook, if anyone wants to se the pics have a look at their FB page under the following. I would be having one of those had my bike not already have one fitted!! I have no link to them other than thinking that this looks like a good deal!!

Cheers

Signature Moto / MV Agusta Norwich

Via our close relationship with the factory we purchased various historical stock items now no longer available to order from the factory, in the coming weeks we will be posting various spare parts we have available / in stock & the quantity.
Once this stock is gone it’s gone.
We have available x29 New, OEM MV Agusta Corse (Microtec) ‘M226 MV’ ECU, Part Number RDMT001059
£495 GBP + Vat.
Application list below,
F4, Until MY09 (That use this ECU)
Brutale, All MY (That use this ECU)

The M226 ECU in place of the original unit implements all the functionality & all the safeties of the original unit, it is supplied with the preloaded map applicable to the above application list but is completely customisable.
Shipping at cost, will ship worldwide.
[email protected]
Are these branded MV Agusta Corse?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Hi,

Just thought i'd add some clarity as to what these ECU's actually are and what is or is not possible. I've been getting messages and emails from potential customers asking about these under the assumption that they are the same as the M226 that we supply. They are made by Microtec but their access and functionality is vastly different.

The following levels of adjustment are NOT possible through this M226.

• No Real time mapping, useful on a dyno and for making quick changes
  • No Real time changes via montior page, useful when etsablishing the idle speed for e.g.as the MV has no manual idle adjustment and as these were for racing you may find idle is at 1800 rpm
  • No access to the raw fuel or ignition tables.
  • No access to fuel or ignition transients which are incredibly useful for on off throttle response
  • No access to fan switch on/off temp
  • No autotune facility, an expensive add-on but does have a use.
  • Very basic access to quickshifter controls
  • No access to EBS valve adjustment on F4
  • No access to Pre injection table which is responsible for easing cold start
  • No access to traction control base correction tables
What IS possible through these ECU's is below.

• Fuel and ignition adjusment via a correction table via an 8 x 16 table (8 tps position and 16 rpm points) (full access M226 is 20 x 32 table, 20 tps, 32 rpm)
  • Fuel adjustment is limited to +/- 30% and ignition +7 or -10 degree's (however you have no idea of what the base values are so no idea if you're exposing the engine to detonation, only really adjustable on a dyno)
  • Quickshifter kill time and lower rpm limit.
  • Adjust amount of fuel or ignition traction correction per level setting (same as full access M226)
  • Very basic throttle position sensor calibration setting.
  • Launch control and pit limiter control (same as full access M226)
I am also checking to find out regards firmware as i believe it is unique to this version of M226 and thus unable to be reflashed, updated or unlocked. For all intents and purposs these may as well be two entirely different products as one can't be converted in to the other.

So whilst these are M226 ECU's made by Microtec they aren't the same as the one we've been supplying for around 9 years. The M191 that came before the M226 we supplied for maybe 2 years prior top the M226 so 11 yewars in total i've been working with Microtec. The M191 is now very much out of production and repair. Internal parts are now unfortunately no longer available so if one breaks it's unlikely to be fixable. Comms to the M191 is also via a serial connection and not USB, there was a usb-serial converter made by microtec but i doubt it's available still. Back wheh these were current it was real hit and miss to find a serial/usb converter that worked when sourced from a computer shop. The microtec one was the only one guarenteed to work every time.

I have supplied, mapped and worked on hundreds of bikes using the M226 as well as other MIcrotec ECU's over the years and the potential results are awesome but you need the access to do it and the base data to work from, these ECU's are of the same specification as any manufacturer supplied 'kit' ecu with limited access and limited potential.

People are free of course to shop where they wish and purchase what they feel fits their needs best but they should also be able to do it with clarity of information. Always happy to work with people, and have offered numerous times to discuss things reference map supply, dyno work (Myself and Signature are actually either side of the same county in the UK) but as yet i'm not receiving replies hence why i've had to come on here and supply this information in this manner, not ideal. I have tried privately but that's not working which is a shame.:frown2:

Hope that provides some clarity on this matter for everyone.

Kind regards

Chris
X-Bikes

1 - 20 of 20 Posts