MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got microtec installed, set idle, tps and when I twist the throttle it dies. Anyone have an idea what's goin on?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, double clicked the min and had to manually enter max and then interpolate.

·
Wing Nut
21,713 Posts
Start over..... Where did you buy it? Chris at X-Bikes has always offered all the hand holding you need to get it right.

Reactions: barmac007

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea i am in contact with Chris. Its just difficult with the timezone difference and im at work when hes free, so its basically just emails. I may try it out again but the base map i have wont run, it says warning. I believe its due to the first cylinder being completely different from the other 3. Its comforting to know that there is some safety nets built into the program but i dont feel like i should be fooling around too much. There are some 910R maps on the files, maybe try those? I had it running on the default maps i pulled from the ecu but it dies when throttle is pulled.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep, watched it a bunch. the RPM increments are different too. the video has smaller increments like 1250,1350... mine only shows 1000-2000-3000(i believe it was injection map). I dont know somethings strange maybe a software update needed?

·
Wing Nut
21,713 Posts
I also have some map files.
Why would the #1 cylinder be different?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no idea but thats what it shows on the monitor page in the picture above...

·
Wing Nut
21,713 Posts
I would say...start over completely. Reinstall the base maps Chris sent you, go through TPS procedure.
There are a lot of things going on in the configuration map as well as the fueling map.
After it started did you work with the fuel and advance to smooth and set idle speed?
I have a few videos from Chris, not just the set-up TPS procedure. Did he send you more than one with the disc?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, i tried that but i will giver another go. The problem is base map/config wont let the bike start so no setting anything. Shows the F4 cam sensor being used. He sent me a zip file with a bunch of stuff, a few videos goin over the program, setting up tps and idle. Chris just sent me an email, poor guy is laid up in the hospital and still responding to emails. Send some love, i know hes helped lots of people here.

·
Wing Nut
21,713 Posts
Here is a screen shot from my files of starting.....Not my bike, think it is one of Chris'. My scan hall is also set for F4
Screen shot 2.jpg

Here is my Config Map
Capture.JPG

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will take a look and compare when i get home. Off the bat i notice the stop and drop switch are highlighted along with Gear 6 under analog inputs. Would removing the secondary air system have any affect on this, maybe a switch/sensor i have to disable?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea, theres all sorts of different values on the config compared to yours ed. That being said I have that config file amongst everything chris sent. Any reason I dont give that a go?

·
Wing Nut
21,713 Posts
Hi Ed, is that your SPR map ?
No, that's my Brutale. The SPR unit is a different appearing screen (not a 226 Microtec).

Yea, theres all sorts of different values on the config compared to yours ed. That being said I have that config file amongst everything chris sent. Any reason I dont give that a go?
I would certainly do that. Load the base file. You can always change back.
I have a folder full of map files. They are small and easy to email. Let me know if you want them.

Reactions: cruiser

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Awesome, I will try that out tonight. The difference in the 910R is slightly lumpier cams n better flowing heads right? I have a MWR filter and cat delete so we will see how it goes.

·
Wing Nut
21,713 Posts
I don't think there is any difference in the heads and cams between S and R models. The valve cover is red on the R, but otherwise the engines are pretty much the same.
The R models upgrades are all chassis... and the 2006 came with the "kit" exhaust and ECU, at a much higher price than the 2007/8 Euro2 bikes with 5SM ECU

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It lives! Thanks Ed! I will have to sort and hone it in I think. My closed throttle position seems to move between 2.0 and 2.3 and I removed 10 degrees of advance when setting idle to drop the idle to around 1250-1300. Seems like a lot.

·
Super Moderator
2,797 Posts
Careful..
He's ok, we don't want Ed to get over confident...LMAO (great work)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts