MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally received my Microtec for Lola.... (long time wishing and waiting and finally arrived). :highclap:

Now just waiting on the Innovate Lambda Sensor for auto tune and a bit of time for the install.

Can't wait to get Lola on the track with sequential injection and a proper map. :f4:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Ed, you don’t need a Microtec - you’re hard enough to keep up with as it is!

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
Nice upgrade!

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
Looks great. Happy that you finally got it.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
That's a nice looking unit! Take pics of install please...

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Installation is very easy. 2 plugs and 4 screws.
This one will be a little more work....MAP sensor, wide band O2 sensor (weld bung in mid-pipe), Wire harness to covert to sequential injection.......

I'll do photos, but I can't get to it right away. Patience.....

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You have a fuel map for each cylinder....at least run 2 wideband sensors...if not all 4 and do the full job..

Put bungs in the headers...you can always just tune one at a time if that is all the system can do.
Man...that's too much work and money.... :shocker:

I'm just going for smooth power, I can't use what she makes already !!! Of course, I can add on later. Just have to buy more parts and pay for more dyno time....:D:brutale:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Ed,

Speaking from personal experience I wouldn't waste the time with the auto tune. Lot of time and effort for very little gain. You're much better off getting a good map off Chris or a dyno tune from someone you can trust.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Im guessing this is the m232 that doesnt need the autotune unit as it is all built in unlike the old m180.

Even so, just tune on the road in your own time, 4 x stainless bungs cost about $20 ?

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
?

Ed;
Give me a call I have an Innovate data logger and lambda meter, no auto tune though
You can do it with 1 bung but you want it as close to the exhaust port as possible, not the mid pipe

:wink2:

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
I love autotune.......

hb did you notice your ignition timing at 3:20? nothing idles at -7.2° it makes it overheat
See your Lambda at 3:58 bouncing between 10.0 and 13 and change?
10.0 is way richer than a turbo motor with 3bar of boost making 350hp
Trust me I have the ECU that made 350hp at the Mikuni Shootout, in public, for money

Go find a pilot, flying a piston engined plane and tell him you don't look at manifold pressure,
he'll laugh at you

Around town my 460cuin Chevy with a carburetor gets better mileage than my 910R 22.9 vs 19.3
Idle down the street in 2nd gear and blip the throttle spins the tires and then slides them
15.5° initial ignition timing decelerating @2,500 rpm it's pulling ~65° of advance and there's
almost no fuel going into the motor......it's done with vacuum and centrifugal weights
I had to make the idle jets, you can't buy them, they're pressed in at the factory

:wink2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts