MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a quick coolant flush and oil/filter change tonight and notice that the Michelin pilot powers 2CT are wearing very nicely.

Here is a picture of the rear tyre after about close to 5000km of twisty riding. The tyres still have plenty of meat for some lots of summer riding over xmas holidays.

I'm pretty smooth on the throttle, thats probably why the tyres are holding up so well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
damn, those look pretty nice! i can't get mine to look like that even after a day of hard riding! maybe i need to find some faster roads, cause the roads i'm riding on, i never have to come out of first.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Looks like he only had enough sand paper for the LH side!

Mine used to look worse than that until I changed the rear shock to my Maxton unit, within a week or two the tyre pattern went an awfull lot finer and smoother :)

QUOTE The tyres still have plenty of meat for some lots of summer riding over xmas holidays.QUOTE

Rub it in why don't you :rant: I would much rather be in the UK with our current 4 deg C and salty roads :stopp:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gee what a tough nut you guys are!!!!

ok here is the finish product then!!!! hahahaha

Oh watch out or else my dobe will lick you to death!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
So your hardware shop has meanwhile received a new supply of sandpaper for you to finish righthand side.Ooooops

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
nicensleazy said:
Its all in the sand paper! :laughing:
It's much quicker and easier with a belt sander, and a rear stand....:stickpoke just kiddin....

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
minime said:
gee what a tough nut you guys are!!!!

ok here is the finish product then!!!! hahahaha

Oh watch out or else my dobe will lick you to death!!!!!!
So I guess the dogs been chewing the tyre then
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Cracking picture of the dog :)

·
Administrator
20,574 Posts
My rear tire is just about gone at 3300 miles (pretty close to your distance) and I was thinking 2CT may be the way to go....I think your photos may have sold me. I am pretty easy on the throttle, but too many highway miles eat that center tread up on the Pirellis too fast.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
What Size Is Theat Tire?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
100% twisty riding, I haven't done any trackdays on the MV as yet.

Mostly up and down Old road. 70km of bliss. It only takes me about 30mins to get to this road and the closest road for a quick fang for me.

This is a 60km/h zone road and very heavily police on the weekend!

http://www.motowhere.com/maps/route/THE-Old-road-Cowan-to-the-slab

Velocemoto said:
If that is 100% road riding on a 2CT you are truely on it, and I wouldn't even begin to try to keep up..
If the left hand side is more worn..............Eastern Ck ??

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
minime said:
100% twisty riding, I haven't done any trackdays on the MV as yet.

Mostly up and down Old road. 70km of bliss. It only takes me about 30mins to get to this road and the closest road for a quick fang for me.

This is a 60km/h zone road and very heavily police on the weekend!

http://www.motowhere.com/maps/route/THE-Old-road-Cowan-to-the-slab

wow....ok
Make sure i stay away from you then :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
I just did a quick coolant flush and oil/filter change tonight and notice that the Michelin pilot powers 2CT are wearing very nicely.

Here is a picture of the rear tyre after about close to 5000km of twisty riding. The tyres still have plenty of meat for some lots of summer riding over xmas holidays.

I'm pretty smooth on the throttle, thats probably why the tyres are holding up so well.
this tyre wear thing is all well and good but im under the impression that you folks from continent size countries have never seen a corner.....................yeah bit harsh but uk roads are twisty heaven, not sure what i will get from mine but 400 mile of mainly motorway use is starting to see my super corsas peel/bubble/blister

1 - 18 of 18 Posts