1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
19,846 Posts
I thought he signed with Tyco Suzuki as Guy Martin's team mate?

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
I'm shocked Brian...

This is big news, I certainly thought after last year's results he'd stay with Honda Legends, I wonder what the issue was?

I suspect something will get sorted but not in one of the bigger teams, maybe Wilson Craig Honda, unless Honda can perhaps block him signing for a Honda supplied team as he's rejected Legends contract?

Here is another link : http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/michael-dunlop-announces-wont-race-2014/#more-50511

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
MV Agusta should give him a ride just for the hell of it

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This is big news, I certainly thought after last year's results he'd stay with Honda Legends, I wonder what the issue was?

I suspect something will get sorted but not in one of the bigger teams, maybe Wilson Craig Honda, unless Honda can perhaps block him signing for a Honda supplied team as he's rejected Legends contract?

Here is another link : http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/michael-dunlop-announces-wont-race-2014/#more-50511

Dunno John..........,there's been a 'fallout in the camp' somewhere.
Bear in mind that of the 4 wins Michael had at this years (2013) TT ...3 of them were on Michael's own bikes!....including that incredible lap record on His own Superstocker!.
Anyway the pressure is off John McGuinness next year now perhaps?.:)
Brian:)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Dunno John..........,there's been a 'fallout in the camp' somewhere.
Bear in mind that of the 4 wins Michael had at this years (2013) TT ...3 of them were on Michael's own bikes!....including that incredible lap record on His own Superstocker!.
I think the pressure will be on more than ever now that Hutchy is back

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the pressure will be on more than ever now that Hutchy is back
Too right!....he had a great result at Macau!.
He'll probably (hopefully) be at the NW 200 and we'll get a better Idea then.............,If he's a match for Alastair Seeley there..,then John's in trouble:)
And what about Josh Brookes!.
I'd just love to see Michael on the Grid next year as he's spectacular to watch.

·
Registered
46 Posts
from what I heard Michael split from Honda, as there was some implication that Honda wanted McGuiness to win and there were suggestions of sabotage.... I think that is a pc as I can be lol

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
from what I heard Michael split from Honda, as there was some implication that Honda wanted McGuiness to win and there were suggestions of sabotage.... I think that is a pc as I can be lol

I dunno................as 'Manuel' from 'Fawlty Towers' says....''I know nothing...NOTHING'':laughing:
It'll all come out in the wash I suppose....,something's up that's for sure.

http://www.realroadracing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5047

http://www.realroadracing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5071

http://www.iomtt.com/Home/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=348389

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
I don't think Michael Dunlop will race for Honda anymore.. Honda is very old school with its internal culture, and once you cross them, that's it... You're history..

All Honda really cares about is winning the TT and they'll give all their support to John McGuinness for 2014..

John is getting on in years and Honda need to find a replacement soon.. Michael Dunlop would have been the ideal fit, but I'm afraid that ship has now sailed..

M Dunlop is entertaining to watch, but some times I think his riding is so on the edge, I think it’s what I call he's at “ God’s Waiting Room” .

If you know what I mean !

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Wasn't that a bone of contention between Honda and his uncle Joey? He liked to build and prep his own bikes too and Honda weren't too happy about it?

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Wasn't that a bone of contention between Honda and his uncle Joey? He liked to build and prep his own bikes too and Honda weren't too happy about it?
That's right Ackers...,all the Dunlops are very 'old school' in their ways and like to be very 'hands on' with the preparation of their own bikes.
Joey..,even though a 'Works rider' for Honda for a large part of his entire career was very 'distrustful' of anyone other than himself to 'prep' his bikes.
I don't think it was a bone of contention though..,they accepted that was the way he was.,and he rewarded them by his loyalty and results.

As I say the Dunlops are very much 'their own men'..always have been.
And as I already mentioned above Michael won 3 of the 4 TT victories this year on his 'own' bikes.,despite some citing his success down to his involvement with Honda TT legends.
And as I also mentioned his 'least' successful UGP was this year when I witnessed the Honda Works superbike being wheeled of the starting grid with a fuel leak....,if that had been one of his 'own' bikes he'd have been criticised for shunning 'factory' support.
I don't know what the 'issue' is regarding him opting to 'sit out' 2014....but it seems strange that a hungry young rider at the top of his game and an odds on favourite to win each time he's on track is in this situation.
Summat's up!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I suspect he is just too outspoken for Honda's corporate image, he just says stuff as it is, If the bike is wrong instead of saying ''the race didn't go to plan'', he would just turn around and say ''the Honda was shit today''

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I like this, shows he's not delusional -

"...... if I'm honest, yeah, I have a little touch in the head and I'm probably not the full square."

He shouldn't have switched from the Arai to the Shoei....the brain needs 'recalibrated' :laughing:

Seriously though...have a listen to his interview......,http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/25037377.....,I think his motivation has gone.,and I'm not sure he'll be back!:popcorn:.........
I'm gonna miss more of this!...He was awesome!
Brian.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts