MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that the tread on the Sportec M7RR front tire has had the tread direction flipped since the first ones came out a few months ago. I have photos of the new & old tire clearly showing the direction of the pattern. {the tire is put on in the correct way as indicated by its direction arrow}
This switch must be deliberate as they have even taken off the little direction triangles along the chicken strip on the newer version.
The old tires have been fine in the wet but the wear seems off on the sides.

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
Technically, directional (not lateral) forces applied to the front and rear tire are exactly opposite.

Are the patterns exactly opposite between front and rear tire now?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Technically, directional (not lateral) forces applied to the front and rear tire are exactly opposite.

Are the patterns exactly opposite between front and rear tire now?
The rear tire tred pattern goes in the same direction as my older tire. So now the front and rear on the newer batches will be oppposite to each other as opposed to how they used to go in the same direction.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Sorry mate I only use Pirelli.
But something else I noticed on the second photo.....
This chain...., on your brand new front wheel.....,
Please put a cloth between the chain and the wheel to prevent it from scratching, it hurts my eyes mate....:jsm:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha. Not my bike. Also chain is wrapped but you can't see it. My mate is sooo anal about his bikes he wouldn't dream of scratching his little babies.
I did get a reply from Metzler-
Metzeler Hello Jon, first of all we have to salute you!
Your mail shows us that our customers are attentive and have also a high technical knowledge.
Indeed your right! Some very few of the very first tyres which were delivered from the factory have not been marked correctly – the arrow which shows the mandatory rolling direction was marked inverse.
We have to apologize and we can guarantee you that this reverted arrow was changed immediately.
Nevertheless, we can assure, this issue has absolutely no influence on the riding safety. many greetings, your metzeler team
Not sure WTF that means, but I think they are saying the tire is on backwards but doesn't matter. I thought it did but as Sergeant Schultz says "I know nothzing"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts