MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Metzeler TD Slicks on their f3? I'm looking to give them a try since I'm starting to burn through Q3+ rears pretty quickly. I'm just curious about fitment since the F3 takes a 180/55 rear as standard and the TD slicks are only offered in 180/60.

I think it'll be ok but it would be great to hear if anyone has given this tire a go?

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's awesome news! I'm not thrilled about making the jump to warmers and a generator so not needing warmers on the Metzeler was a big plus. However I know they will eventually happen so it's good to know I can accommodate them!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes the 60 series will change the geometry to a bit more front biased which has my F3 turning even easier. There is a reason why they only offer the 60 series ...

As usual set your sag, reb, comp, tire pressures & pin it !

·
Registered
742 Posts
For what it's worth, I run an 190/60 slick on my Brutale track bike. To adjust for the taller profile, I adjusted the height of the bike.

For track days, I don't run warmers I do a warm up lap than go. I'm on pirelli slicks FYI.

Reactions: MrTrogg

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I run Metzeler slicks on my 600. Like everything with bikes it is a compromise. As alluded to the change in profile will move weight to the front helping the bike turn easier. The offset of this is it may compromise your rear exit grip and in some circumstances the back wanting to come around mid corner (you need to be pushing for this to happen). As Ducman alluded to above you may wish to adjust your geometry to compensate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The clearance looked tight between the swing arm and the tire on the F3. Mine is on a 180/55 Rosso Corsa 2. It's the hugger that is real close. I didn't try a 180/60, but it sounds like a fit based on the replies above.

I have the Metzeler TD slicks on the ZX6R. Only got to use them on two days so far. At mid pack intermediate pace, the tires have been great. Warm up time is quick, that's without warmers too. Grip is really good, a good solid notch over a Q3+ or an RS10. Keen to try them on the F3 now!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I run 180-60 pirelli slicks on my f3 as well. Great feedback I love the tires. I do run warmers though.. Sportbike track gear has a great set for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I run 180-60 pirelli slicks on my f3 as well. Great feedback I love the tires. I do run warmers though.. Sportbike track gear has a great set for a reasonable price.
The real barrier to entry for warmers is the generator and all the extra steps required. It's nice to not have to worry about all that. I'm a rider who doesn't blast out of the gate on the first lap anyway so that's the appeal of the Metzeler TD slicks for me since they specifically say no warmers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The real barrier to entry for warmers is the generator and all the extra steps required. It's nice to not have to worry about all that. I'm a rider who doesn't blast out of the gate on the first lap anyway so that's the appeal of the Metzeler TD slicks for me since they specifically say no warmers.
Makes sense, I got a harbor freight generator works good for a budget. I take the first lap easy too but I enjoy the confidence of warmers. I can't speak to the Metzelers though i have no experience with them.

·
Registered
742 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts