1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
456 Posts
They are not inferior in quality and doubt that they would pit. Well, if you don't take care of your bike then maybe. Don't know anyone who wouldn't take the best of care of their MV. Actually, I've thought about replacing them with CF but to be honest I like the contrast that they bring to the bike's colors. To each is own though.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hmm, no spotting problems here, and I happen to love they way they look. They make carbon replacement parts if you don't like the stock metal bits. But to be honest, I like the metal better than carbon in that area of the bike.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
On what bike have you seen this on? I have never noticed any problems on mine and they seem to be holding up pretty well after almost 4 months and a little over 2000 miles. Do you have pics of what you are talking about? :stickpoke Just curious to see what kind of pitting you are talking about so I can keep an eye out for it. :conveyer:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
You mean you aren't there now? :wtf: You should ask for a key and the alarm code! :laughing: Just like I told Odonata, the anticipation would kill me! :ahhh: :ahhh:

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
By the way, I remember Triple Seven posting he had ordered some emoto carbon pieces. I personally like the way the silver looks. Maybe it's because the emoto carbon piece is one piece, where as the original is two pieces. Or maybe its too much black, dunno :rolleyes: here ya go....

Attachments

·
Registered
512 Posts
I too like the silver sides, however after seeing the difference between the black and silver I am starting to warm to the black. It looks a bit more stealthy with the black.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Greg, My wheels will need powdercoating or just painting (actually, in doing the Tracker project, I swore off powercoating forever. _ too thick and not enough control of color and shine). At that time, I'll do the same color on a number of parts. Maybe gold or silver wheels (black now and getting scratched by my plastoc sheathed cable lock.

I totally agree that the metal is textured too much and soaks road and motor oil and grease. I'll have to take a photo tonight, you'll see.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HHester said:
Greg, My wheels will need powdercoating or just painting (actually, in doing the Tracker project, I swore off powercoating forever. _ too thick and not enough control of color and shine). At that time, I'll do the same color on a number of parts. Maybe gold or silver wheels (black now and getting scratched by my plastoc sheathed cable lock.

I totally agree that the metal is textured too much and soaks road and motor oil and grease. I'll have to take a photo tonight, you'll see.
thanks
i'll look forward to seeing those photos and hearing more about your project

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
312 Posts
i like em more with the silver sides
i got the same problem with my grill, paint was peeling of on the sides
got replaced under warranty ;)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts