MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the idea from the really dressed up one guys posted pics of from the Milan show. The all gold and black one from MotoCorse I think. Anyway, they did a gold mesh in the tail section. I got sent 2 pieces of screen with the bellypan (incase I screwed one up I guess) so an extra was just sitting around. And it was big enough to cut 2 pieces from for the windows in the tail. Some tinsnips and tracing, and some sticky fingers later, I had two very well fitted pieces of mesh for the windows.

It was a bit of a pain but worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
Looks really good Jason.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished bike at the show

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cut the piece about 1/4" bigger than the window all the way around. Then bent a little 90 degree lip all the way around. Then used some black, all-weather adhesive that is rediculous strong and ran a bead all the way around. Then balanced the tail w window down and set a weight on the screen to press it firm and seat it in the adhesive for a few hours till dry, repeat for other side. 61 degrees here. Took her out for a ride downtown to SuperBowl Village and took in the sites and craziness of downtown Indianapolis. SuperBowl XLVI 5 days away. First time I had been on her since adding the BSTs. Love them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts