1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Well looks like they will get the electronics sorted and have the best motor with the AMG engineers. How about a F63 AMG lol

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Germans taking over everything . Lamborghini ,Rolls Royce,Bentley,Bugatti ,Ducati now Mv . I know it will be good for the company, but I feel it will lose something .

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Apart from the fact that MV's are awesome, that would be another reason why Lewis Hamilton was seen riding and F4 in Monaco leading up to the Grand Prix.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
the fact that its the AMG branch of Mercedes is better than Mercedes. I think its a good thing. As long as they dont change the name to MV Augusta.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I don't know. I like the fact that the power and delivery of the MVs is a bit unhinged. I feel AMG might do an amazing job of refining and containing it with better electronics and controls, but may just make it an S1000RR in MV clothing. It may seem like a merging of beauty and mechanical perfection, but true beauty comes from imperfections and, personally, I think that's why MV owners love their MVs.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
... It may seem like a merging of beauty and mechanical perfection, but true beauty comes from imperfections and, personally, I think that's why MV owners love their MVs.
If so, then I for one have had enough of said "true beauty". I would like the mechanical, (and electrical) perfection now, thank you very much.

·
Registered
947 Posts
This has been a rumor for a long long time now. MV needs cash. In order to get said cash they were going to put 30% of the company up for IPO. If the do sell it will be that 30% to AMG instead of going thru with the IPO. Many threads on this but I can't seem to find them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I only cut and paste the report and title. Funny thing is State Farm spelled it exactly the same as TopGear on my insurance card. I even called them on it to no avail.

Could it be with an AMG MV Agusta we may just see a move back the the premier class of MotoGp? oh the potential and suspense is killing me ;)

·
Registered
5,577 Posts

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I wonder if a 'perfect' MV will come with an AMG price tag - be careful what you wish for.

I also wonder if a 'perfect' MV will become so in exchange for its soul.

It doesn't matter, (if it eventuates) I'd buy an "AMG MV" to add to the collection as a further reference point in the company's history. Life's good :)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I also wonder if a 'perfect' MV will become so in exchange for its soul.

That's what I'm afraid of
:)[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Since Audi took over Ducati the customer service side has improved dramatically (at least in Australia). From other people's experience with MV (I am very happy with the service level provided from my dealer, Peter Stevens, for my second hand F3) should Mercedes have a controling share in MV then the customer service may also improve which is a good thing.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Since Audi took over Ducati the customer service side has improved dramatically (at least in Australia). From other people's experience with MV (I am very happy with the service level provided from my dealer, Peter Stevens, for my second hand F3) should Mercedes have a controling share in MV then the customer service may also improve which is a good thing.
Ask Pat1098 on the Ducati forum about customer service here in OZ.
NF Imports don't carry a set of piston kits for his 1098 and Ducati are saying they don't have any and not sure, if or when, they will produce any more. One of their biggest selling bikes and can't get piston kits.???????
I don't call that customer service by any stretch, not saying things aren't better but still pretty piss poor really.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Ask Pat1098 on the Ducati forum about customer service here in OZ.
NF Imports don't carry a set of piston kits for his 1098 and Ducati are saying they don't have any and not sure, if or when, they will produce any more. One of their biggest selling bikes and can't get piston kits.???????
I don't call that customer service by any stretch, not saying things aren't better but still pretty piss poor really.
I've heard similar things from a staff member in Frasers Sydney (ducati) dealer, saying that the quality control for Ducati's from the factory arriving in to Australia has fallen significantly. And worse that they have a warranty return rate of close to 75% for new Ducati's sold.
i agree that a cash injection and financial stability that AMG can offer MV, would be great for the future and expansion of MV, but there could also be draw back if they decided to push the brand in to more of a "mass produced bike", than the "niche" brand it has always been.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I've heard similar things from a staff member in Frasers Sydney (ducati) dealer, saying that the quality control for Ducati's from the factory arriving in to Australia has fallen significantly. And worse that they have a warranty return rate of close to 75% for new Ducati's sold.
i agree that a cash injection and financial stability that AMG can offer MV, would be great for the future and expansion of MV, but there could also be draw back if they decided to push the brand in to more of a "mass produced bike", than the "niche" brand it has always been.

I think the MV brand isnt soo much a niche brand nowdays look at how many models they have there obviously moved towards the mass produced bike dont you think?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
A mate of mine had to have the wiring loom replaced on his Panagale when it went in for its first service. Customer service and parts/model availability had a pretty bad rep here in the UK but apparently that had a lot to do with the UK importer, MV have changed that now and the dealers order stock and parts direct from the factory which I am told has improved things vastly?

Judging by MV's past I'd say being a niche brand hasn't really worked for them, worldwide there just aren't enough customers to support that, especially when the economy is on its arse? I believe it's still exclusive though, I've had my Brutale 800 for a year now and am yet to see another on the road, they are just producing more models to cover a wider range of buyers tastes?

I understand one of the reasons car companies buy other car or bike manufacturers to improve the groups overall green credentials? Obviously AMG don't produce the greenest of cars by any means so I hope they don't intend to offset that by making MV's overly tree hugging? Not sure the next F4 would look so iconic with the exhausts off a Suzuki B-King :laughing:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts