MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I might be part of the melted fan group. Now when she is shut down I hear some clicking like there is a part on the fan that is melted that keeps hitting the edges(before it was smooth and didnt have the clicky sound) I havent had a chance to take the fairings off and check it out but I will eventually.

Looks like I need to install a Muzzy ASAP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,695 Posts
This has probably been discussed, but why don't we just bypass the thermostatic fan control and run them all the time? As long as there is a thermostat the bike should not get too cold. I don't know what lewis did, but the fans on the AGO start as soon as the key is in the acc. position.

CAG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know its been covered, but I figured I would post whore a bit

I will just get some muzzy fan blades, and a mid pipe before the 600 mile service and ahve them all installed then. should knock down the temps a little.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
damn allready what have you had the bike 2 3 weeks now. dusty from baures called me today dealing the 07 red and silver r model .....guess i will go up there and here the pitch tomorrow lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,937 Posts
Dova80 said:
I know its been covered, but I figured I would post whore a bit

I will just get some muzzy fan blades, and a mid pipe before the 600 mile service and ahve them all installed then. should knock down the temps a little.
The fan makes no difference Dova, they just dont melt.

Its worth the money though, I hated that scratching sound.

I only replaced the lower fan,as that was the melted one, maybe replacing the top fan will make a small difference ... although, that is not the easiest task. You would be wise to fit both fans at 600m service mate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
576 Posts
Dova... FWIW, Haven't experienced a clicking/rattling fan on shut down with the MV, but would with a Honda Superhawk I used to ride. Every time it happened it was a little rock/pebble caught in the blades/housing. Just mentioning it with the small chance this or something else small is causing it. Guess you will see when you pull the fairing. Spin the fan with the fingers to find the source. Has the temperature been hot enough the past two weeks in OK for you to have something warped or imbalanced already?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sfarson said:
Dova... FWIW, Haven't experienced a clicking/rattling fan on shut down with the MV, but would with a Honda Superhawk I used to ride. Every time it happened it was a little rock/pebble caught in the blades/housing. Just mentioning it with the small chance this or something else small is causing it. Guess you will see when you pull the fairing. Spin the fan with the fingers to find the source. Has the temperature been hot enough the past two weeks in OK for you to have something warped or imbalanced already?
The temps got up to 60's one day, the bike was getting up towards 210+ but when I kill the bike, I will let it sit till the fans stop. Dunno I will have to go take a peek next week, and see whats going on in there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
morgan said:
damn allready what have you had the bike 2 3 weeks now. dusty from baures called me today dealing the 07 red and silver r model .....guess i will go up there and here the pitch tomorrow lol
lol good luck to you! Let me know how it goes man!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
CAG said:
This has probably been discussed, but why don't we just bypass the thermostatic fan control and run them all the time? As long as there is a thermostat the bike should not get too cold. I don't know what lewis did, but the fans on the AGO start as soon as the key is in the acc. position.

CAG
I dont recall that being the case...but I cannot swear to it. I never modded anything to do with the fans or cooling...it never ran hot. Maybe a wire is switched around or something...whatever you do, DO NOT CUT THE RED WIRE !!!
 

·
Ball & Chain magnet
Joined
·
3,027 Posts
check the wire route also...mine had a clickin/ rubbing sounds once.... turned out that the fan wire clamp had somehow been moved and it caused the wire to hit the blade a bit.....also hit the header which in turn, burned the fan wire....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,695 Posts
lewdog998 said:
I dont recall that being the case...but I cannot swear to it. I never modded anything to do with the fans or cooling...it never ran hot. Maybe a wire is switched around or something...whatever you do, DO NOT CUT THE RED WIRE !!!
Oh mY GOD!! The red wire!! What about the blue wire? Is it safe?

Just kidding there. I didn't cut any wires so I don't think anything is miswired. Everything works, horn all lights, blinkers etc.

CAG
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top