MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this question under B4 because, as far as I know, the laser etching on the exhaust is only on the B4.

My gf accidentally bumped the exhaust with her boot when she was riding with me last night. Anywhere else, I'd just scotch brite/WD40 it back to a shine, but it's right on the etched logo and I don't want to mess that up by polishing it or something. Anyone have any recommendations how to safely clean that off?

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
If it is just rubber residue..., use a solvent such as white spirit and a cloth..., DO NOT use any kink of abrasive pad (scotch brite/steel wool..,etc) as that will definately ruin the etched logo.

Be sure to clean thoroughly all traces of the solvent and any fingerprints etc from the exhaust before starting as you don't want to have them on the exhaust permentantly.

I once was riding home and a large polythene bag blew across the road and melted around my headers....,WHAT A MESS!.

Following cars were 'up my back' so I could'nt get stopped and just had to ride on with the foul smell of melting polythene in my nostrils!!.

Hope you get it cleaned.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. Goo Gone eventually worked on the heavy stuff after I let it sit for a couple hours. There's still a sort of sheen/residue in the area, but I can't tell if it is residue that will clean off (will try the rubbing alcohol suggestion), or if I did too much of a scrubbing action with the t-shirt rag and polished the etching in those spots

1 - 9 of 9 Posts