MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I just received my tail tidy from Alex @ GP Racing I know a lot of you have performed this mod on your F4's and after doing a search I couldn't find much info on the installation of it. I need help with the wiring of the turn signals and license plate light. From what I read in some of the post it's not plug and play I will need some resistors to install properly.
I bought the complete set that includes the turn signals. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Yes You need 10 Ohm resistors parallel to every turn signal lead.
And peoples tell You get 10W resistors (resistance is measured in Ohm) and that resistors have no flow direction.
Well they are all wrong.
I got my resistors from Radioshag in 1 Ohm, 5 Ohm and 10 Ohm back in the days.
10 Ohm is what You need.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info haupti.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes You need 10 Ohm resistors parallel to every turn signal lead.
And peoples tell You get 10W resistors (resistance is measured in Ohm) and that resistors have no flow direction.
Well they are all wrong.
I got my resistors from Radioshag in 1 Ohm, 5 Ohm and 10 Ohm back in the days.
10 Ohm is what You need.
Haupti agree with the 10 ohm/10 watt suggestion but to say that resistors have a flow direction is incorrect, it doesn't matter which direction you wire them. The part of this circuit that is direction sensitive is the diode part of the light emitting diode (LED)

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Haupti agree with the 10 ohm/10 watt suggestion but to say that resistors have a flow direction is incorrect, it doesn't matter which direction you wire them. The part of this circuit that is direction sensitive is the diode part of the light emitting diode (LED)
Well I learned it matters.
One direction no flashing / light at all, other direction flashing with 10 Ohm or steady light with lesser Ohm.
Took me a while to find that out.
Don't ask me what is the reason behind it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey haupti I ordered five 10 ohm/10 w resistors to wire the turn signals. Do I also need a resistor for the license plate light?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
No there is only on or off, no relays involved.
Here is my set up, not pretty but thats what I was able to do back in the days with Radioshag and Autoparts.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it thanks for your help haupti.

·
Vendor
5,148 Posts
I cheated when I fitted my Melotti tail tidy.I also ordered the Melotti rear indicators that have inbuilt resistors and also fitted AMP connectors.Less wires,no external resistors and very neat.

·
Super Moderator
21,404 Posts
The trick with the resistors is they need to be heat sink resistors. That is why there is a wattage rating.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts